The Technical Data Analyst ensures the integrity, precision, functionality, development updating of internal data bases and data base structures. The role supports the efforts of our commercial Sales and Marketing teams toward meeting their objectives through data collection, validation, analysis and a first level interpretation.
- Conceptualizes, develops and manages data base solutions and/or systems
- Analyzes and provides high-level feasibility reports of initial requests/requirements
- Consolidates, and validates needs through interaction with internal clients (SOW)
- Defines pertinent architecture(s)
- Designs and implements the data base and relevant interfaces as per SOW
- Ensures complete procedures/processes are in place to guarantee the accuracy, precision and governance of said data base solutions, including but not limited to sales management systems, CRM platform, etc
- Prioritizes and supports ad hoc Marketing requirements that are BI related
- Supports Sales by providing supplemental information/analyses to optimize sales results
- Supports Finance in the development of appropriate tools for annual budgeting and provision processes
- Promotes best practices to the various departments internally that use our data management systems
- Manages CRM and BI platform support and administration
Analytical Tools Development
- Conceptualizes, develop and maintain analytical tools for the Sales and Marketing functions (expense management, KPI s, reporting, sales targets, etc), ensuring their validity
- Represents the company with external service providers/consultants related to the development of said analytical tools
- Defines technical specifications and expectations for success of assigned projects
- Communicates consistently and frequently with project stakeholders
- Evaluates and identifies required resources for successful project completion
- Coordinates and implements projects using key milestones; troubleshooting
- Uses appropriate project management tools and adequate documentation
- Delegates, where appropriate, the responsibilities and tasks of the project to the right stakeholders/project team members
- Keeps abreast of technological evolutions an innovations. Proposes various solutions and actions that will meet the evolving BI needs, and those of our internal clientele
- Ensures appropriate reporting/debriefing with Management
- Participates during strategy and objective setting as it pertains to Data Management and Business Intelligence solutions
- Supports the company vision and mission, and demonstrates the corporate core values in all professional activities.
- Complies with all OSHA safety requirements, work rules and regulations.
- Compiles and maintains all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follows systems and procedures outlined in company manuals.
- All other duties as requested by management.
Formal Education and Certification
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology, Analytics or an equelevant field of study; Master s Degree Preferred
- 5-7 years experience in a similar role may substitute for education requirement
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 4-6 years of business analytics experience
- In depth knowledge of open source data management systems (MySQL, PHP, TALEND)
- In depth knowledge of BI platforms (Qlikview/Qliksense, Tableau, or other)
- Programing experience (JAVA, VBA, PYTHON, other)
- Data mining and Data analysis experience (sales and marketing data)
- CRM Adminsitration experience
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, possessing an ability to work with a diverse population
- High attention to detail and precision
- The ability to read trends and analyze complex sets of data
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team
- Desire to serve