Data Architect (SQL)
St. Louis, MO
Uberlegen Technology Group (UTG) has an impactful permanent opportunity for a Data Architect with one of its St. Louis based clients.
This is a senior-level role which includes responsibility for architecting, implementing, & supporting business-critical software systems. Responsibilities include support of new and existing applications and data feeds, overseeing the design of enhancements, developing solutions to complex problems, and technical oversight of development done by third-party vendors.
This position requires a service-oriented mentality, a strong sense of ownership, a focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with competing priorities, and effective communication with team members and customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoots and resolves production issues related to custom applications, SQL, Azure data factories, & ETL jobs. Is willing and able to learn new technologies and platforms.
- Ensures that technical solutions fit within existing architectural patterns & constraints.
- Provides technical leadership in databases (SQL) and data integrations. Oversees the design, development, testing, and maintenance of cloud-based applications and services on Microsoft Azure.
- Develops enhancements and features to existing custom applications using tools including .NET, SQL Server, & Azure Data Factory.
- Supports both third-party developers and system owners in the development of technical solutions. Provides guidance on design-patterns, technologies, & system architectures.
- Works closely with project managers & system owners to support project objectives & mitigate project risks.
- Exhibits a mastery of existing systems, business functions, and proposed changes. Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously & helps project teams navigate system dependencies.
- Collaborates with other internal and external team-members to investigate, track, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Mentors & trains others in the support and maintenance of critical systems
- Creates standards around design-patterns, naming, security, monitoring, and administration of Azure services and the flow of data into and out of Azure.
- Leads code reviews. Participates in integration testing.
KNOWLEDGE AND BACKGROUND:
We are looking someone with the following experience:
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and T-SQL, experience with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), and experience with complex stored procedures for data processing.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database and application problems in both on premise and Azure SQL Server environments
- Working knowledge of source control systems and branching concepts.
- Experience building, securing, and troubleshooting complex data integrations using a variety of tools
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, other relevant field, or demonstrated work experience equivalent
Preferred candidates would have experience in the following areas:
- Azure Data Factory
- Web services
- Microsoft DevOps
- Message queuing
- Product information systems (PIM) or systems that house product data