Client Reference Code:
The Technical Analyst performs data maintenance on Charter Communications' drafting and design platforms. Under limited supervision, identifies data integrity issues and errors, and preforms necessary corrections and database updates. Works closely with designers to support their project workspace merge requests, manage user access to environmental servers, resolve workspace conflicts in support of maintaining accuracy to the environments and conducts project growth and health audits. Work closely with GIS/IT departments on data integrity initiatives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Perform quality control checks on workspace merge requests.
Independently research data errors to ensure that data is compliant with Bentley v8i project Standards.
Maintain accurate weekly production records.
Responsible for managing new and existing user access to NDC servers, Oracle and ED-Comms and the projects on those servers.
Responsible for the data integrity of Bentley V8i projects.
Respond and resolve locking support tickets submitted through the FSE Ticket System.
Merge Bentley V8i workspaces using the Merge Utility.
Resolve workspace conflicts.
Create all CPV (Comms Power Viewer) files.
Review and maintain Bentley Ed-Comms workspace compliance and governance
Perform GIS Data Governance tasks which require accessing Bentley V8i projects to conduct Quality Control inspections, corrections and data mining. This requires a comparative analysis of sources to validate and correct. That empathizes on a strong knowledge of GIS concepts including spatial reference systems, remote sensing, imagery analysis and GPS, photogrammetry.
Perform various tasks using ArcGIS geoprocessing tools to enhance and improve GIS workflows for optimization.
Conduct network growth and network health audits. Project preparation and launch
Complete special projects as assigned.
All other duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Knowledge in Spatial/GIS applications such as MapInfo, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, and Portal for ArcGIS, Python, SQL and/or Google Earth API.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Must have ability to work closely with other departments and be able to represent all of the Design Department's policies and procedures
- Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio and Project applications programs
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of computer operations, file management, Windows 7 or more recent version
- Demonstrated an understanding of CATV drafting and design standards and other analytical abilities
- Must have an understanding of Charter Communications drafting and symbology standards for Coax and Fiber designs
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management and organizational skills
- Requires excellent analytical, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Must exhibit a thorough understanding of Charter Communications services infrastructure related to network topology and architecture
- Must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Knowledge in the use of the Bentley platform
- Knowledgeable on business partners' components to be supported and/or influenced by OSP-Design
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communications
High School Diploma or equivalent education and experience
College level math (algebra, trigonometry, calculus) or demonstrated analytical ability preferred
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Drafting/design experience or coursework 5
Must be able to work a flexible schedule
Office environments #LI-FO Job Code :
TAN305 Technical Design Analyst I Exempt
Engineering, Graphic Design