* Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
* Able to communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate need prior to development of an automated solution.
* Prepares detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates, and discuss procedures for processing data through the use of data base management systems (DBMS) including relational data bases.
* Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
* Designs, creates, and maintains databases in a client/server environment.
* Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
* Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
* Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
* Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end (e.g., COGNOS)/back-end programming languages (e.g., SQL).
* Performs database programming and supports systems design. Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
* Evaluates data base design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations, performance levels, and space allocation requirements.
* Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
* Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
* Strong professional who has experience in DBA support of Oracle Federal E-Business Suite 11i/R12/Fusion with Oracle Database 11g/12.
* Oracle Enterprise Exdata, RAC experience with mission critical applications preferred.
* In-depth knowledge of Oracle DB Server performance tuning, backup and recovery methods.
* Should have worked closely with Oracle Product Support for chasing and resolving the SRs.
* Bachelor's Degree required from an accredited college or university in a related field.
* Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
* U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
* Travel may be required.
* Ability to work overtime required on occasion.
* Ability to sit in an office environment for long periods of time.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
* Ability to obtain and maintain firm independence and abide by firm ethics requirements. Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements
Type: Temp to Hire