Kforce has a client that is seeking a Technical Development Systems Engineer in Cambridge, MA.
The Technical Development Systems Engineer will support the design, delivery, and administration of software solutions for the Technical Development organization. The role will be accountable for key technical activities such as integration of process/analytical equipment with data management systems including OSI PI Historian and Logilab SDMS (Scientific Data Management System) along with the configuration/customization of a custom-built experiment execution system. The anticipated time frame for this assignment is one year.
* Technical Development Systems Engineer will integrate process/analytical equipment with data management systems including OSI PI Historian and Logilab SDMS (Scientific Data Management System)
* Lead technical projects focusing on implementing functional solutions and expanding the capabilities of the Technical Development systems
* As a Technical Development Systems Engineer, you will evaluate and prioritize potential system enhancements and capabilities to ensure efficient usage and maintenance
* Evaluate functional configuration issues and provide support on issue resolution
* Install or support implementation of backup systems for process/analytical computer systems
* Technical Development Systems Engineers support and sustain Technical Development software including second-tier break/fix support, continuous process improvements and routine system updates
* Provide administrator support to operate systems including role management, access management and data management
* Provide technical design insight within the applications: maintain and improve data models and integrations between Technical Development systems and other operations, quality, and business systems
* Generate standard and custom reports based on business and compliance needs
* A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Technology, or another relevant academic discipline
* 2+ years of experience implementing and maintaining technology to support automation systems such as Process Control Systems, Lab or Manufacturing Execution Systems, OSI PI historian, or integrating equipment with such systems
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work collaboratively within a team of cross functional stakeholders
* Willingness to take initiative to learn new technologies
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.