Kanini provides Agile Software Development, Cloud Computing, Data Science, and Location Intelligence services to public and private organizations. We have successfully served our clients in government, finance, transportation, utility, and software industries since 2003. Why you should join
Working at Kanini is flexible and personal. We are a highly motivated, collaborative team experimenting with the latest technologies. We are committed to everyone having a healthy work/life balance, and we provide extensive mentorship and training resources to help you succeed.
Kanini is looking for an experienced Technical Engagement / Delivery Manager
. Someone who has helped build large, highly scalable web platforms for thousands of users is not required, but a huge plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications. An advanced degree is also preferred.
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in SDLC, solutions design, and delivery of enterprise level solutions. Experience managingAgile/Scrum projects a plus.
- Experience working with business application owners and development teams to document and clarify business and user requirements and manage scope of defined features and functions during project lifecycle.
- Proven expertise in managing the delivery of mid-to-large web/enterprise applications needed.
- Technical experience in Microsoft .NET or SAP application development is a plus.
- Ability to understand and relate to the business objectives and provide a high-quality automated solution.
- Ability to adjust communications to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have strong analytical abilities, negotiation/presentation skills, and organizational/planning abilities.
- Ability to drive teams to meet consensus, and have vivid passion for applications delivery.
- Strong project management and team management skills.
- Experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Creative - able to think outside the box; uses knowledge gained through prior experience, education, and training to resolve issues and remove project barriers.
- Drive for results - maintains constant awareness of projects and clients; keeps product owners focused on short and long term milestones.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers, yet represent accurately the perspective of Technology.
- Experience working directly with clients and providing consultation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Collaboration and decision making skills
- Experience interfacing with external software design and development vendors preferred.
- Ability to work productively with all levels in an large organization
- Ability to travel minimally required, up to 10%.
- Accountable and responsible for the end-to-end delivery of application technology solutions in line with strategic business objectives.
- Ensure that the business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
- Provide consultation directly to Client Application Studios leadership and customers around solution options and vendor product selection as needed.
- Work with channel leadership to budget and prioritize planned and unplanned development and maintenance project enagements.
- Work with Business System Analysts and Solution Architects to develop high level understanding of scope and feasibility of technical solutions.
- Oversee product planning, delivery, release management, and deployment to ensure technology standards and business needs are met.
- Manage the day to day decision making involved in project/product portfolios.
- Work with channel and business leadership to develop a strategy for execution of product roadmaps.
- Seek ways to reduce application related costs and increase efficiencies of applications in production.
- Integrate the business strategy and knowledge of software capabilities (current and future) into vision and direction for all channel-related products.
- Ensure that all products support the appropriate business processes and have the appropriate support and maintenance processes in place.
Project Delivery Teaming
- Lead all design/development aspects of SDLC for Client Application Studios projects in partnership with PMO
- Ensure all development and maintenance projects are in accordance with channel strategy, and adhere to product and channel vision and product innovation roadmaps.
- Head project execution, resource deployment, and overall leadership and coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Provide insight, oversight, strategic context, direction, and leadership to the Community of Practice staff involved in the effort.
- Partner with channel leaders and project team to design, develop, and support Enterprise wide solutions.
- Develop project documentation in collaboration with PMO e.g., project initiation documentation, budget, project plan, and resource plan.
- Ensure resources assigned to projects are meeting deadlines and focused on the right activities.
- Escalate issues, risks, and decisions to the Channel Leader or other stakeholders as necessary and develop mitigating actions.
- Monitor progress and status of deliverables.
- Ensure proper functioning of the Products / Applications and recommend upgrades as necessary.
- Review projects for completeness of thought and consistency of approach and interface.
- Own product releases and provide status to Client Application Studios and ITS leadership; escalate issues proactively.
- Ensure standards, procedures, and methodologies in the delivery life cycle are followed.
- Communicate development and production status and issues to management and stakeholders.
Kanini Software Solutions, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, family status, disability status, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. If you have a disability, please let us know if there is anything we can do to improve the interview process for you; we re happy to accommodate. Kanini Software Solutions, Inc., 25 Century Blvd., Ste. 602, Nashville, TN 37214
- Partner with PMO to prepare overall project schedule, milestones, tasks, and estimates.
- Participate in technology/solution decisions with architecture and product teams for projects.
- Partner with Solution/Application Architects to ensure that technical design, unit testing, deployment, and implementation requirements are properly documented.
- Partner with Business System Analysts (BSA) to analyze business and functional requirements which have a impact on business applications.
- Work with offshore Technical Delivery Manager to optimize the mix of the development resources.
- Coordinate with architecture and development teams to perform code reviews to ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architecture/design.
- Coordinate with BSAs and Quality Engineering teams to ensure proper testing is performed
- Motivate and lead project delivery teams and instill a mindset of continuous process improvement.
- Offshore Team Oversight
- Manage daily progress and status of deliverables on projects.
- Manage both internal teams and offshore vendor teams project delivery, plans, and ensur proper staffing.
- Ensure that all project resources are focused on the effort they are aligned to.
- Closely monitor workload of all employees and offshore vendor resources assigned to project.
- Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.