We are looking for a results-oriented technology leader with a strong track record of designing and delivering enterprise data solutions. The Business Data Delivery Team within Data and Rep Technology governs the strategy and implementation of enterprise data warehouse-related programs and emerging data platforms. We help Marketing, Finance, Risk, and executive leadership make fact-based decisions by integrating and analyzing data.
The Data Engineer, Lead role at Schwab is reserved for a small number of positions requiring senior technology expertise, representing the top technical talent in the firm and the best practices in the industry. Leads are a core part of the community of technology leadership at Schwab and are influential in driving technology design and implementation in the Business Data Delivery organization.What you are good at
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer to provide technical leadership to Agile teams tasked with delivering new capabilities for our data platforms. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in data engineering, design , and large-scale delivery in a fast-paced, agile environment and must be capable of influencing across the enterprise and partnering with Business stakeholders to drive project vision and execution.
What you have
- Provide technical leadership for a broad portfolio of large and complex cross-functional and cross-organizational data projects for the Business Data Delivery organization.
- Work with business partners, technical team members and peers to evaluate, design and implement new business and application capabilities to support partner and application needs.
- Develop new procedures, processes, and standards for team to improve operating effectiveness.
- Contribute to the design and governance of the architecture practice within the Data Delivery organization, helping to create a strong community of practice.
- Guide less-experienced engineering resources and provides an example of innovation and excellence.
- Resolve technical and requirements questions during design and implementation of business solutions
- Evaluate business requests for application fit-for-purpose.
- Lead solution prototyping for new capabilities.
- Partner with other technical leaders for solution alignment with strategy and standards.
- 8+ years of hands-on data engineering experience
- 2 years designing scalable, data technical solutions
- Demonstrated track record of making technical decisions at the application level (vendor/technology selection, solution design, assessing tradeoffs)
- Experience designing and developing cloud-based or cloud-ready data solutions strongly preferred
- Experience with Agile development methodology and CI/CD
- Knowledge of a selection of the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform, Teradata, Hadoop, IICS, Informatica, Talend, Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, HipChat)
Why work for us?
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology-enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
- Identifies and resolves unique situations of substantial significance, requiring conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions to complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Ability to lead and execute in a dynamic environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and promote collaboration
- Ability to coach, mentor and provide direct, timely feedback
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.