This position reports to the Applications Manager and is responsible for the design, development, deployment, and support of new and existing applications. This position will also play a key role in evaluating existing architectures and implementing new solutions that either utilize existing architectures or are deployed into new cloud-based environments. This position will also comprehensively evaluate an application's architecture and direct modernization activities to rewrite and/or re-architect applications to current technology stacks.
This role will not only contribute to and/or lead design and development of applications; it will also provide technical leadership to others on the team and provide technical direction as needed. Technical Leads/Architects participate in all phases of the System Development Life Cycle, applying expert knowledge of system interaction and business familiarity to meet business needs. The qualified candidate should possess excellent technical abilities, leadership, decision making, strong communication skills, and adaptability to new technology.
This role will assist the Application Manager to not only provide technical leadership on complex projects, but also assist in overseeing a team of personnel, focused on technical issues including software development, product releases, and engineering tasks. In addition to training staff and delegating work assignments, the qualified candidate may also collaborate with colleagues to identify and resolve technical issues. They often evaluate work processes and best practices and implement changes to streamline operations.
While specific job duties will vary depending on the type of team, general job responsibilities may include creating service goals for the team; ensuring current applications are updated and align with the implementation of new applications; analyzing end users' needs; and selecting applications to meet those needs. Other tasks may include developing troubleshooting programs and supervising system modifications.Required Skills
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Very strong communication skills, both written and oral
- A well-organized team-player who thrives when juggling multiple projects and aggressive deadlines
- Ability to drive design and architecture discussions across the team, create application architecture documents, and be responsible for high quality implementations
- Solid analytical and creative problem-solving/trouble shooting skills
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with technical/non-technical audiences
- Lead project planning sessions to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
- Lead and or participate in design reviews and provide input to design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and, provide input to information/data flow
- Document detailed application specifications; translate technical requirements into programmed application modules; and, develop and enhance software application modules
- Lead code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to predefined architectural specifications. Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues
- Review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation
- Work cross-functionally with other team members: other engineers, testers, product owners, designers, Ops, customer support
- Partner with QA, DB, BA/PO and other dependent teams
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer science or related field
- 5+ years Experience developing software following an Agile and/or Waterfall methodology
- 7+ years recent hands-on software development work experience in C#, .Net and related Microsoft technologies (MS SQL Server, IIS, .NET framework, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C# or VB.NET, MVC, WCF, Web Services, XML)
- 3+ years as a developer working in a high-performing team delivering a project spanning 6+ months from cradle to delivery
- Demonstrated ability to architect, design and lead development of software components through production releases
- Expert in one or more of the following areas:
- Application/Middle Tier: WebAPI, WCF, Windows Service Applications, SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Database Tier: Microsoft SQLServer 2008 or higher, T-SQL, Stored Procs, SSIS.
- Exposure to software engineering best practices and design patterns
- Adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques utilizing programming skills and contribute to the technical code base including any required documentation