Lead the architecture and design approach for the platform API and data services, develop and maintain architecture diagrams, data models, and other technical documentation. Additionally. you will work with management on roadmap planning and provide status on the overall plan, schedule, and risks for the team providing technical mentorship and apply best practices with other team members in the SW architecture department.
- 8 + years’ experience with Java and/or other functional programming languages
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- Serve as the lead software developer overseeing project design and development.
- Ensure team adheres to Agile processes and software engineering best practices.
- 8+ years’ experience of software development in building distributed application systems or enterprise software systems
- 3+ years’ experience building backend software services and APIs
- Work closely with the Product Manager, Business Analyst, and Chief Engineer to develop the best technical designs and solutions for the program.
- Experience in a role where you led or influenced software architecture decisions
- Liaise with external and internal customer stakeholders on technical design decisions and trade-offs and ensure software solution will meet required functional, performance, and SLA thresholds.
- 2+ experience developing cloud applications on AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform using IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings and developing scalable architectures
- Solid understanding of fundamental web service technologies such as REST or SOAP
- 2+ years of experience with SOA based integration techniques using web services, XML/JSON/HTTPS, etc
- Hands-on experience with Git - Specific experience with agile methodologies (Kanban, SCRUM, XP) and modern software development environments
- Ability to work on remote agile teams, self-motivated, work independently
- Ability to work in a DevOps team
- Proven experience with the complete product life cycle in a production services environment, including design, implementation, load, and scale testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Experience with HL7 FHIR and EHR/EMR
- Evaluate the selection and/or hiring of team members to ensure team has the right balance of skills and experience to implement the solution.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Domain knowledge in HealthCare, claims, EHR is a big plus
- Experience with more than one cloud environment - Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Rackspace
- Experience with Health Care environment is a big plus
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo is a plus
- Familiarity with Kubernetes is a plus
- Broad range of technology interests across different disciplines including computer and system architecture, web applications, performance analysis, distributed systems design, testing, and verification technologies, data processing, and networking
C-HIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to upholding equal treatment to all staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, age, parental status, national origin, disability status, family or genetics background, or any other non-merit based factors. This commitment extends to all decisions and practices (including recruiting, hiring, promotions, and training) of the entire C-HIT management team.