Technical Lead Consultant (iOS/Swift), Consulting Services The Position:
Apex is seeking a seasoned technical lead with strong consultative skills to act as a mobile/iOS development leader within Apex Systems Consulting Services. This role will lead hybrid teams of internal and external product managers, analysts, and engineers to design, develop, and deliver digital solutions for Apex clients. This role will also provide technical subject matter expertise and will help to mentor Apex Systems' internal Technical Consultants in their career growth and development. This role will be responsible for client deliverables as well as internal leadership of technical consulting professionals. Responsibilities:
- Build strong client, industry, and technical community relationships and represent Apex Systems as leaders in Industry and Professional events and communities. Develop and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships.
- Demonstrate expert-level technical knowledge and implementation skills. Serve as a subject matter expert. Build trust and respect among internal and external stakeholders and model collaborative teamwork.
- Display a drive to evolve industry-standard architectures, patterns, and frameworks into custom solutions that maximize client value.
- Lead team members and direct reports to produce high quality deliverables, meet project deadlines, and take responsibility for engagement and team success. Coach and manage direct reports, maintaining strong employee engagement and productivity. Demonstrate a passion for quality and process improvement. Lead the development, growth, and success of your team, developing professionals for the next stage of their careers.
- Demonstrate professional level consulting skills, leadership skills, and communication / presentation skills. Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to acquire skills to meet business needs.
- Participate in sales pursuits through providing technical guidance, estimates, scoping and other pre-sales activities. Continually innovate, seek creative solutions, and find new ways of adding value. Listen and seek to understand the client and meet their needs, providing consultative guidance. Stay attuned to the future needs of the client and work with internal resources to identify opportunities. Proactively provide solutions and approach adversity with a solution-focused mindset.
- Identify and evaluate new team members through professional networking and technical screening
- 7+ years in native iOS Mobile App development with strong knowledge of Swift
- Previous experience in a Team Lead capacity or similar role
- Strong knowledge of iOS UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Understanding of Apple iOS design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience working with JSON & RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- 2+ years of experience leading software development teams and projects
- Positive relationship builder able to navigate through complex situations to ensure the most robust and pragmatic solution
- Strong analytical skills and the aptitude to quickly identify gaps and risks
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to engineering and business partners
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and leadership team members
- Proven working experience in iOS app development and have published at least one original iOS app in the Apple Store or Enterprise App store
- BA/BS required, preferably in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or related fields (applicable education and experience may be substituted).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at