The Technical Lead, guided by the Solution Architect (SA), typically is engaged on one project at a time ensuring high technical quality, client satisfaction and overall project success. The Technical Lead designs custom solutions and manages all aspects of development within a team environment.
- Manage development including system performance, build and deployment architecture, use of design patterns, error handling, implementation architecture, subsystem design, unit test architecture, overall coding practices
- Provides direction on build and deployment architecture
- Works independently on large design components of the system. Works in conjunction with the SA and development engineers on overall solution architecture
- Technical interactions with the client
- Technical leadership and mentoring for the project team
- Facilitate communication among team members
- Aware of all design decisions
- Communicate all aspects of architecture and design
- Responsible for overall solution architecture and design.
- In conjunction with the Project Managers, maintain schedule and feature set based on budget and customer requirements
- Assist in solution blueprint development.
- Works in customer facing roles to provide onsite and remote support, training, knowledge transfer and collaborate in detailed requirements definition and design discussions.
- Responsible for solution design
- Implements high risk and/or high complexity components of the overall solution.
- In conjunction with the PL and development team, estimate projects scope
- Lead design and code reviews within the project
- Balance leadership and developer roles
- Performs independent research under the direction of Directors or VP of Engineering
- Sets expectations and communicates with Research and Development, Customer Support and Sales/Customer Engagement
- Attend industry/partner conferences
- Involved as needed in proposal activities
- Develop and present brown bags on technologies and best practices
- Complete training plans as described in yearly MBO
- Mentor technical staff on individual projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of time management
- Demonstrated expertise with Corena Suite products
- Demonstrated expertise with multiple partner products
- Experienced with as many of the following as possible.
- Java, C#, C++, Objective C, other OOPL
- XML, XSLT, DITA, SGML
- Mark Logic / XQuery
- Arbortext, XMetaL, Oxygen
- Oracle, SQL
- Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic, app server technologies
- Office 2007/2010
- Alfresco, FatWire, WCM technologies
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Attainment of high level technical certifications
- Demonstrated 7 years or more experience in object oriented design development
- Demonstrated 7 years or more experience with entire development lifecycle from requirements analysis through operations and maintenance.
- Demonstrated 3-5 years or more experience with web development technologies
- Demonstrated 3-5 years or more experience in Document Content Management Systems, XML applications, print and online publishing, publication authoring
- Demonstrated 3-5 years or more experience with relational database design