Technical Leader - OT Cyber Security for Generation AssetsLocation:
Charlotte, NCJob Summary and Description:
Leads research efforts in particular scientific disciplines or technologies and participates the development and application of products and services in those areas through contractors and departmental or cross-functional teams. Applies technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Organizes the external and interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget. May conduct research directly in complex, high impact technical or scientific fields.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge to industry issues and gain input on needs from members/stakeholders and identify current and emerging technical issues.
• Develops research or services opportunities of value to EPRI members that fit EPRI's mission and capabilities. This will include solving customer problems, producing insights and information vital to the members, and delivering information in a manner that members and customers can and will apply.
• May provide oversight of a project team to assure technical and financial milestones are met.
• Provides assistance to the EPRI sales staff in Member Services and EPRI International.
• Broaden technical expertise and interface with national and international technical networks with manufacturers, consultants, and academia and research organizations.
• Communicates strategies and results, written and verbal, to program members, potential members and external stakeholders through guidelines, reports, meetings, webcasts, workshops and conferences.
• Manages small or medium (less complex) projects including budgets and resources
Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 5 -7 or more years of research and development project and promotional experience, including development of advanced concepts for internal research or equivalent experience.
• Shows technical expertise and assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives using creative imaginative solutions.
• Experience in performing and/or managing research activities.
• Incumbents must be able to exercise judgment, diligence, and attention to detail and demonstrate an aptitude for carrying out responsible technical assignments.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Manages projects and may work in conjunction with a technical specialist.
• Developing technical depth in 1-2 areas
• Understand how work fits across EPRI programs
• Typically individual contributor, may begin handling supervisory activities for lower level positions.Additional Job Information: Additional Responsibilities:
Plans, designs, and conducts complex project work within the program and the Generation Sector to meet objectives. The candidate will prepare and present research reports for cyber security for generation assets, enabling technology, and other technological areas (e.g. instrumentation and control, artificial intelligence, data analytics, etc.) Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Providing industry thought leadership in the cyber security research focus area with alignment into ancillary program focus areas,
- Works with sector and cross-sector staff to integrate generate cyber security research and development throughout,
- Project management responsibility for assigned research and development projects,
- Works in a lab environment to conduct physical testing on generation OT and cyber security infrastructure equipment,
- Conducting presentations, technology transfer, and relationship management,
- Collaboration with international organizations and members,
- Local, regional, and international travel to support research and development, meetings, conferences, workshops, and member projects,
- Assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives or problems where the relationships between cause and effect are difficult to establish and little or no precedence exists, and the use of creative imaginative thinking is required, and
- Leads national and international technical networks with manufacturers, consultants, academia, research, and government agencies.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in a technical field, preferably engineering, and have worked in OT/ICS cyber security for at least 4-years.
Someone who understands the complex nature of OT/ICS equipment in critical infrastructure, especially power generation.
Someone who is a self-starter and can work independently with minimal oversight to produce results.
Experience identifying cyber security controls to mitigate vulnerabilities in OT equipment.
Experience analyzing open source intelligence and indicators of compromise to develop technical OT cyber security reports and control recommendations.
Professional Engineering (PE), Project Management Professional (PMP), CISSP, and other cyber security-based certifications beneficial.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.