What you will do?
This position as a Technical Leader is expected to participate in a team of engineers involved in development of new and exciting product offerings in NFV, SDN and Virtualization orchestration.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Proposes technical direction for major engineering initiatives and ensures that all work related to initiatives is technically compatible.
- Works with staff-level management to identify key technologies and create product thrust
- Is a recognized technical expert, provides prototype project leadership and functional guidance to engineers and other internal departments.
- Be responsible for providing technical consultation and leadership in design and development efforts by initiating and consulting on original and creative technical efforts.
- Working with key customers in assigned areas to determine or create technical approaches to satisfy market needs.
- Initiates projects that will have a broad applicability in Cisco’s product line applying unique approaches.
- Influences and/or changes the thinking of, or gains acceptance of, others. Interfaces cross-functionally and leads collaboration extending beyond the work group
- Be responsible for leading technical decisions required on a project and take a product through some or all stages of product development.
- Be responsible for technical content of design reviews and code walkthroughs. Takes a leadership role in the technical content of the system specification/unit functional specification.
- Help engineers find ways to attack new or difficult problems.
- Work with various cross-functional groups such as product management, other development teams, QA, and documentation
- Develop management applications for network equipment that includes switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and the various virtualized appliances
Who will you work for?
For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. Cisco's strategy articulates cutting edge solutions that combine compute, storage, and networking resources in order for our customers to rapidly enable services that incorporate Software Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and integrate into multiple cloud providers.
Who are you?
If you are a developer whose passion lies in utilizing the latest software technologies in a DevOps model to embark on this new era of network service orchestration, then this role in the NSO/Tail -f organization is for you. This position will be a part of the US engineering team within the Network Service Orchestrator (NSO)/Tail-f group. The team is responsible for the use and development of the Tail-f/Cisco NSO product to orchestrate Cisco's latest solution offerings.
Who is Cisco?
- 12+ years of experience developing software applications using Java, Python, JEE, and WebServices
- Experience with networking and network management concepts are a big plus.
- Knowledge of Cisco and Industry Cloud computing (i.e. Openstack, VMWare, AWS), Data Center, Virtualization, NFV and Networking solutions is very desirable
- Good exposure to Scripting technologies (Python, Salt, Ansible) is desirable
- Experience with Object Oriented programming is a must
- Exposure to technologies such as Netconf, YANG, JSON, XML, REST, and Erlang are a plus
- 5-6 years of in-depth, hands-on experience with provisioning/fulfillment systems
- Working knowledge of standard bodies such as ETSI, OPNFV, ONAP, MEF and IETF.
- Ability to solve complex problems creatively
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in designing product and component level architecture.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Must be a team player and work well in small and large group environment.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.