Technical Manager, Software Engineering
Job Description OVERVIEW
CoStar is the owner of Lands of America, Land and Farm, Land Watch and Land.com and is the leading operator of online marketplaces that support the sale and purchase of farms, ranches, country homes, and rural land. Our customers include real-estate brokers, real-estate agents, owners, and investors who need internet listing services and information to help them sell/purchase properties and track competitive trends.
As a Technical Manager
, Software Engineering
you will be responsible for providing project definition and implementation through hands-on management of a software development team leveraging Agile Scrum development and project management best practices defined by the company. You will undertake the execution of software development projects to achieve the company's strategic objectives and must work closely with Product Design & other technical managers. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for architecture, project ownership, and team leadership.
- Lead a team of software developers in building applications and platforms using modern Typescript, React, HTML, ASP .NET, SQL Server, and AWS technologies.
- Manage and coordinate the work for a team of developers. Act as a player coach.
- Work directly with senior leaders in our Product Design and Research organizations to design applications that amaze your customers.
- Apply sound quality management methods, tools and techniques to create and support defect-free application software that meets the needs of the organization
- Act as release manager to ensure product components are released for production deployment as tested by Software QA Group
- Act as "Voice of the Customer" when participating in product readiness reviews
- Bachelor's Degree
- Senior Full-Stack development experience
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products
- Experience using ASP .NET, C#, SQL Server, and AWS technologies
- Proficiency in Continuous Delivery best practices
- Understanding & implementation of automated test processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management)
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- Team Leadership experience
- Experience leading products throughout the software development life cycle
- Real Estate or Marketplace knowledge is a bonus
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes:
- LoopNet , the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace
- Apartments.com , the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners
- STR , the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry
- BizBuySell , the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales
- Lands of America , the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide. WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing