Technical Manager - Microservices, mobility
The mobile engineers at Costar have a direct impact on highly visible applications that touch thousands of users daily. You are an integral part of an innovative and passionate team where your ideas will flourish and you will influence the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry - join us in changing the way the world of commercial real estate does business!
We are looking for an energetic, passionate leader to build our BFF services to power our mobile applications. You will manage the execution of service layer projects and own the project end to end leading to the successful launch of the apps to our consumers.
* A desire to learn and share. You enjoy learning technology and architecture advancements in node.js and share with the team. The thought of diving into challenges and bleeding edge technology excites you!
* A passion for quality. You want to be part of the team that produces highest quality restful web services using SOLID architecture patterns and clean code principles!
* Love for People You love leading and managing a passionate team of node.js Engineers. You value teamwork and taking initiative.
* Love being hands on. You love building node.js services and don-t hesitate to get your hands dirty with designing and implementing services using node.js.
* Agent of change. Excited about continuous improvement, love innovation, evolve processes and look for new ways of doing things to deliver business and customer value.
* Hire an awesome team!
* Lead, mentor, and support awesome team of Node.js Engineers
* Be responsible for advancing technology adoption and delivering highest quality web services for consumption by Mobile apps.
* Be responsible for managing the execution of BFF service development from concept to delivery for each sprint
* Be the evangelist for clean architecture, maintainable software and consistent design patterns
* Work well in fast paced and Agile development environment and drive continuous improvements
* Drive automated unit and UI tests
* 50% of time spent coding
* Keep an eye on emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar-s technology platform and development practices
* Own scrum ceremonies such as sprint planning, sprint review and retrospective.
* Interface with product development and QA
* Conduct performance reviews
* Strong knowledge of Node.js and Express framework
* Bachelor-s degree in computer science or related field (or comparable experience)
* Stay on top of project from concept to release to deliver engaging experience
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing