Technical Manager (Android & iOS)
Apartments.com is the leading online apartment rental listing website, offering property, commuter, and neighborhood information for more than 1,000,000 available units nationwide. A CoStar Group subsidiary, the Apartments.com network includes Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, Apartamentos.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, ForRentUniversity.com, After55.com, CorporateHousing.com and WestsideRentals.com. Reaching millions of renters worldwide, enabling both qualified traffic and highly engaged renters, Apartments.com is the fastest growing site within the residential rental industry.
As a CoStar Mobile Technical Manager, you will be responsible for providing project definition and implementation through hands-on management of a software development team leveraging their full SDLC experience and agile project management best practices defined by the company. You are responsible for the execution of software development projects to achieve the company's strategic objectivesRESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Product Management, Design, and other internal teams to define and scope mobile application features and functionality.
- Translate business requirements in to technical requirements, develop project plan and work schedules for use by development team.
- Successfully implement software development projects to specification and within scheduled timelines and budget parameters.
- Utilized the Agile Methodology to continuously deliver features each sprint to production.
- Work with internal and external clients to document project success criteria.
- Hire and develop a team of "A Players".
- Work with recruiting to identify, hire and onboard top industry talent.
- Coach, motivate, train and retain "A Players".
- Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of the Multifamily and CRE Industry and CoStar's position in the market .
- Continually evaluate emerging mobile technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar's technology platform and development practices.
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
- BS or higher degree in computer science or related field
- 6+ years of experience with mobile iOS and/or Android application development
- 4+ years in managing/leading a development team.
- Experience with mission critical, high volume, mobile apps and/or web-based systems
- Proficient in Android and/or iOS development tools, SDK, and related languages ( Objective C/Swift/Java).
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
- Proficient in writing Unit Tests and/or Test Driven Development (TDD) preferred.
- Ideal candidate is familiar/proficient in additional development tools; TFS/Jira, C#, SQL Server, Crashlytics
- Strong computer system analysis and design skills in current methodologies and patterns including object oriented programming, MVC, SOA, DI, etc
- Motivating & Mentoring Employees
- Working With Other Technical Managers & Senior Management
- Working With Internal & External Clients
- Requirements Analysis & Management
- Overall System Architecture & Design
- Ability To Effectively Communicate Requirements & Design Specifications Within & Across Teams
- Project Planning/Management
- Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Mobile Software Development Experience
- Software Testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance)
- Team Building Experience
- Awareness Of Emerging Mobile Technologies
- Setting Objectives
- Conducting Employee Reviews
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing