Senior Technical Manager (Application Development)
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar's independent research organization - the industry's largest - with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
• Lead a software development team (approximately 4-5 people)
• Influence system architecture and help drive integration of new technologies
• CoStar loves technology ; all ou r leaders have deep technical knowledge and experience . We expect our Managers to lead by example and spend time cod ing
• Coordinate the activities and deliverables across the team while resolving issues and ensuring appropriate priorities
• Act as a player coach with 5 + years of industry experience managing multiple project development teams working on multiple concurrent projects
• Mentor and manage team members in the normal execution of their responsibilities
• Interact regularly with technology and business leaders
• Conduct ongoing and in -d epth needs analysis with client to obtain detailed business requirements
• Translate business requirements into technical requirements, develop project plan and work schedules for use by scrum development team
• Successfully implement software development projects to specification and within scheduled timelines and budget parameters
• Ensure proper software development practices are followed and provide guidance and/or assistance when necessary
• Provide status reports and feedback to business / technology leadership
• Act as release manager to ensure product components are released for production deployment as tested
• Drive continuous improvement within Scrum team by focusing on engineering excellence
• Work with recruiting to identify, hire and onboard top industry talent
• Manage up or out any team members that are performing below expectation of position.
• Coach, motivate, train and retain "A Players"
• Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of the CRE Industry and CoStar's business model / technology
• Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar's technology platform and development practices
• Act as "Voice of the Customer" when participating in product readiness reviews
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3 + years of technical / development team management experience
• High proficiency in testing methodology, Agile methodology, test documentation procedures and QA Best Practices
• Willingness to ro ll up your sleeves and look at code / data to determine problems and solutions
PREFERRED QUALIFCATIONS AND SKILLS
• Commercial Real Estate (CRE) knowledge is a bonus but not required
• Prior experience with internet marketplaces or data rich businesses is also a bonus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience (direct reports, peers and senior management)
• Excellent team building, negotiation , compromise and consensus building abilities
• Ability to motivate and build high performance software development teams
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell , the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
• Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
• Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
• Commuter and parking benefits
• 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
• Employee stock purchase plan
• Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons, personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and bikes available for use during the day
• Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing .
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing