Technical Manager (iOS & Android)
Are you passionate about mobile development? Are you constantly pushing yourself to learn new technologies to develop better, faster and more efficient mobile applications? Then CoStar is the place for you. We are THE leading data provider to the $11 trillion commercial real estate industry. Every day customers use our data and products to make multi-million dollar investment decisions.
Apartments.com, a Costar Group company, is growing rapidly and searching for a manager to lead our mobile development efforts on iOS and Android. Apartments.com is the leading online apartment listing website, offering renters access to information on more than 1,000,000 available units for rent. Powered by CoStar, the Apartments.com network of home rental sites includes Apartments.com, ForRent.com, ApartmentFinder.com, Apartamentos.com, ApartmentHomeLiving.com, ForRentUniversity.com, After55.com, CorporateHousing.com and WestsideRentals.com.
The Mobile Technical Manager provides project definition and implementation through hands-on management of his/her software development team leveraging their full SDLC experience and agile project management best practices defined by the company. He/she is responsible for the execution of software development projects to achieve the company-s strategic objectives.
* Work closely with Product Management, Design, and other internal teams to define and scope mobile application features and functionality.
* Translate business requirements in to technical requirements, develop project plan and work schedules for use by development team.
* Successfully implement software development projects to specification and within scheduled timelines and budget parameters.
* Utilized the Agile Methodology to continuously deliver features each sprint to production.
* Work with internal and external clients to document project success criteria.
* Hire and develop a team of -A Players-.
* Work with recruiting to identify, hire and onboard top industry talent.
* Coach, motivate, train and retain -A Players-.
* Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of the Multifamily and CRE Industry and CoStar-s position in the market.
* Continually evaluate emerging mobile technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar-s technology platform and development practices.
Competencies, Knowledge & Skills
* Motivating & Mentoring Employees
* Working With Other Technical Managers & Senior Management
* Working With Internal & External Clients
* Requirements Analysis & Management
* Overall System Architecture & Design
* Ability To Effectively Communicate Requirements & Design Specifications Within & Across Teams
* Project Planning/Management
* Agile/Scrum Methodology
* Mobile Software Development Experience
* Software Testing (Unit, System, Integration, Functional, Performance)
* Team Building Experience
* Awareness Of Emerging Mobile Technologies
* Setting Objectives
* Conducting Employee Reviews
* BS or higher degree in computer science or related field
* 2-3+ years of experience with mobile iOS and/or Android application development
* 5-8 years hands on experience with internet software development.
* 4-6 years in managing/leading a development team.
* Experience with mission critical, high volume, mobile apps and/or web-based systems
* Proficient in Android and/or iOS development tools, SDK, and related languages (Objective C/Swift/Java).
* Proficient in writing Unit Tests and/or Test Driven Development (TDD) preferred.
* Ideal candidate is familiar/proficient in additional development tools; TFS/Jira, C#, SQL Server, Crashlytics
* Strong computer system analysis and design skills in current methodologies and patterns including object oriented programming, MVC, SOA, DI, etc.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing