What You'll Do
Cisco's Security Business Group designs, builds, and delivers market-leading security products that form the foundation of Cisco's innovative security architecture. The Business Group's Technical Marketing Engineering team is responsible for NGFW, NGIPS, and Security Management.
The role of the Technical Marketing Engineer is to enhance products and enable sales through:
- Being the technical advocate inside the Business Unit for customers
- Functioning as a technical advisor for future product development through field experiences
- Evangelizing the value and utility of Cisco security technologies to customers, the field, and channel partners
The Technical Marketing Engineer enables the success of Cisco's Network Security products by
Who You'll Work With
- Executing the strategic plan for technical marketing consistent with the broader business strategy of the product portfolio
- Providing compelling technical collateral by synthesizing complex concepts into customer, field, and channel-centric materials
Our team has deep product knowledge and broad technical knowledge about a variety of networking environments. We clearly articulate the technical differentiators of our products interacting with customers, channel partners, and the Cisco field. We work with Product Managers and Engineering to identify customer requirements and prioritize feature development.Who You Are
We Are Cisco
- 15+ years' experience in technical marketing, technical sales, customer success, or engineering
- Thorough understanding of security technologies, with emphasis on security design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proven ability developing and delivering technical white papers and presentations
- Willingness to travel up to 20% to support sales, training, and marketing efforts
- BA/BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent experience
- Relevant certifications such as CCNP Security, CCIE Security, or other technical certifications
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.