The successful candidate will bring a passion for all things systems-related, from hardware and networking through to software build, deployment, automation and tooling. The position is part of a globally distributed team responsible for supporting our low-latency electronic trading systems, and will include interactions with all functional areas within the firm. Our culture emphasises teamwork, and focuses on continuous integration and test-driven development. Note required hours of work are 11:00 pm – 7:00 am.
- Strong understanding of Linux
- Experience building process management and monitoring toolkits leveraging scripting languages (python preferred)
- Experience working with development to improve the operational stability and functionality of existing and new trading systems
- Experience of configuring and managing low-latency, high-availability trading systems, working closely alongside developers, quants and traders
- Experience coordinating, planning, and executing firm-wide changes within a with a global change management framework
- Ability to triage, prioritize and troubleshoot complex network and systems issues, ranging from low-level hardware to in-house software applications
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, HTTP, TCP, UDP, etc.
- Can demonstrate a high level of initiative and the ability to quickly build trust with trading and technology
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills