A large media organization in The Woodands, TX area need a sharp communicator, with supervisor experience, who would be responsible for video operations support and technical platforms for their Digital Operations Center. They would be responsible in monitoring and solving issues that impact video streaming and related platforms. Strong leadership skills are required for supervision, training and evaluation of staff and ensuring the operators follow procedures and guidelines.
- Lead and supervise digital operations team to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Minimize downtime for Digital Consumer Group video platforms.
- Manage and triage live incidents occurring across various platforms.
- Enable proper communication channels to responders and stakeholders during incident to expedite resolution.
- Be a subject matter expert for data flow through our systems and RESTful API’s.
- Provide leadership and support for operators to turn to when issues arise.
- Escalates issues that require development work to the respective Engineering team.
- Ensures all bugs found are handed off to correct team for resolution.
- Compiles daily shift recaps detailing any issues that occurred.
- Distributes communication or recent activities for the department.
- Continuously train staff on systems, workflows, and procedures to minimize potential errors or outages.
- Assists in keeping the departments operations manual and reference documents up to date.
- Ensures operators have proper documentation to reference for various procedures and troubleshooting.
- Handles routine personnel issues including coaching and counseling.
- 2-5 years of Technical Operations Supervision experience
- Familiarity with Ticketing Systems such as JIRA, Zendesk, etc.
- Experience with RESTful API’s
- Experience with system and Application Monitoring tools
- Knowledge of any of the following systems is a plus: AWS Cloudfront, Splunk, Grafana
- Technical writing experience
- Understanding of operations, mobile and web application infrastructures, television program scheduling, video signal routing, and programmer/MVPD communications is a plus.
Software Engineering or Telecommunications Degree preferred.