Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
First American is looking for a fun, energetic, and passionate Technical Product Manager to join our Business Technology Solutions Division at the Corporate campus in Santa Ana, CA. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in the digital transformation of a large enterprise.
We are adding to our team an experienced Product Manager who understands and has lived the full product lifecycle multiple times, and really thrives in creating new products to improve the customer and user experience. Most immediately, you will adopt design thinking to drive the creation of a new corporate workspace/portal to be used by First American's corporate/centralized groups to perform their day-to-day activities. This will require the ability to collect and critically analyze a number of inputs via:
- Product Research
- Customer Feedback
- Business KPIs
- Additional Stakeholder Inputs (including executives, end users, designers, engineers, researchers, etc.)
It will be your responsibility to oversee the strategy, design and build of the new product to maximize impact, while managing and communicating roadmaps, risks, and timelines to various stakeholders in the organization. Responsibilities and Duties
The Ideal Candidate is:
- Create and deploy your squad's strategy, getting buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Conduct workshops to build empathy, understand customer needs, and validate hypotheses.
- Build strong relationships with our partners.
- Convert the product vision into tactical plan and execute well.
- Drive customer feedback loops throughout the product development process.
- Create context with User Story Mapping and User Journey Mapping.
- Write clear, well thought out development stories for an Agile development team.
- Provide quality assurance and usability feedback on development builds.
- Efficiently use a design tool (Figma, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc.) to convey new feature ideas through wireframes or low-fidelity mockups
- Use product road-mapping tool (Aha, Product Plan, etc.) to align with the organization's strategy, to share and report on progress
- Leverage whiteboarding platforms such as Miro to collaborate and communicate with team members and stakeholders
- Perform user research by interviewing key stakeholders, creating valuable surveys and performing usability testing
- Provide design critique to Designers
- Collaborate with other Technical Product Managers and squads as needed to ensure alignment in achieving the desired outcomes
- Help with the adoption of design thinking and modern product management approach, tools and artifacts, and bring everyone involved along on the journey!
- A blue sky thinker
- Excited about what hasn't been done yet
- Constantly innovating
- An influencer and a coach for design thinking and modern product management practices
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years in Product Management or related role creating valuable new products or features that align with a product/company vision
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.