Technical Product Manager
Certified Languages International (CLI) is a full-service language company specializing in over-the-phone interpreting, video remote interpreting (VRI) and document translation services. With a growing list of more than 230 languages, CLI is among the largest providers of its kind in the world, servicing North America and abroad. CLIs professional U.S.-based interpreters are skilled in industry-specific terminology and available 24/7/365. CLI is committed to helping businesses increase revenues and maximize the value of their non-English speaking customer relationships, which it achieves by investing in innovative technology to deliver language services with unmatched efficiency and accuracy. The Portland Business Journal has recognized CLI as one of its fastest growing companies for the past six years. For more information, visit: www.certifiedlanguages.com.
CLI is currently looking for a Technical Product Manager to work in our Portland, OR location. As a Technical Product Manager, you will own one of our most critical product line (Video Remote interpretation or VRI), its integrations (we plug video remote interpreter capabilities into Telehealth and other collaboration platforms), and will oversee the development of VRI platform (WebRTC / SIP / SIP Video).
- Research & define in conjunction with the Sales, Marketing, Client Relations, and IT the VRI roadmap, to help deliver an outstanding customer experience.
- Translate customer needs and align them to a long-term product vision
- Product and project manage our VRI integrations track, including research, coordination and acceptance testing
- Craft the developer experience for the different platforms (Desktop, iOS and Android), understanding the latest developments, what matters to developers and the intricacies of each ecosystem.
- Help with the training & communications to internal staff and other departments
- Coordinate launches with key stakeholders, ensure dependencies and quality control are addressed
- Understand what's possible and where the biggest product opportunities are, as well as enable developers to build great communications experiences.
- Accelerating learning on new product by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback, and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Working with customers to understand the problems they are trying to solve, what works, and what doesn't.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or another related field is required (this is a technical product manager role, must have Computer Science background).
- Knowledge and experience with media communication technologies; including real time audio and video, media transport protocols, and media quality of experience optimization in communication systems.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of WebRTC is a plus.
- Strong experience with Video/VOIP/SIP project management best practices, processes, tools and procedures for implementations and migrations.
- Must have worked with APIs in the past (minimally as an engineer using 3rd party APIs, but also ideally as a developer of an API that was used by external parties - not just the backend of an owned web app)
- Deep passion for technology and how it can combine into products that solves problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good "systems thinking" and architectural mindset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while maintaining a positive attitude towards customers and team members
Will work both remotely and in office as needed to complete work.
Benefits & Culture
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package (including medical, dental and vision) after 60 days
- Eligible for 401K that includes company match after 1 year of employment
- Fun, flexible culture and team
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds.