What will you do
At Drger, it is our passion and dedication to protect, support and save lives. Our dedication to life naturally extends to the quality of our employees' lives. They are the essence of our company, and without them, we would not be what we are today - a world leader in medical and safety technology. We are searching for people who want to join us in building "Technology for Life".
Acts as technical expert for Personal Protection Equipment to provide escalated technical support including service updates, service instruction and problem resolution with focus on customer satisfaction and maximizing revenue opportunities. (Examples of Personal Protection Equipment: Air Line Systems, Breathing Apparatus, Breathing Gas Supply Systems, Rescue and Escapte Devices, Thermal Imaging Cameras).
Reviews and verifies service documentation releases from Business Units / Competency Center for accuracy, completeness and practical application; may recommend changes. Provides new release information to Service and other impacted employees.
As the escalation point person for the assigned modality, acts as technical expert to support service team, other cross functional areas and customers as required; escalates technical issues that cannot be resolved on the local level to the appropriate global point of contact.
Directs the analysis and corrective action planning on complicated product/system problems via remote direction or at customer sites as required.
Facilitates the development of technical expertise with other personnel including Technicians, Technical Support, Technical Training and any other cross functional Team member as needed. Provide insight and content for the development of formal technical training programs including the preparation of instructional materials and training delivery.
Develops and updates service policies and procedures for the protection product line with a focus on improving efficiencies.
Facilitates field corrective actions by liaising with the global technical teams. Serves as the local coordinator for developing a plan of action and coordinating with the Service teams for plan implementation. Reports on status of field corrective actions.
Performs other duties as needed and assigned.Who you are
Associates degree in Electronics or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical support, product management, training or implementations role. (including 3 years with Personal Protection Equipment).
- Proven technical skills with Personal Protection Equipment preferred
- Demonstrates aptitude for learning new technologies and/or instructing others
- Effective communication skills
- Results oriented with quality focus
- Team Player with effective interpersonal skills who is able to work effectively with personnel in various departments, at various levels and in various locations to achieve the objectives of the organization
- Consistently demonstrates professionalism
- Demonstrated commitment to Customer Satisfaction
- Demonstrated proficiency servicing DMI products
- Ability to focus on details, recall/retain information.
- Ability to work together with others and in a team atmosphere; while displaying civility, cordiality, friendliness, empathy, etc.
- Ability to comprehend and express oral and written communication.
- Ability to use computers and computer systems (includes hardware and software).
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with varying amounts of individual responsibilities, conflict resolution, redirected priorities, etc.
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of the time (by automobile, train, plane).
- Ability to work in a remote capacity (when needed) and execuite all responsbilities.