Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Drives value to the business by building, managing, and maintaining a Product Backlog in collaboration with IT teams. Represents the business to the team, and defines business purpose and value for them. Defines the details of what is to be done and the overall scope of the project for the product offering. Ensures that acceptance criteria are well-defined. Plays a key role in shaping the product direction, creating the feature(s), writing user stories, and innovating collaboratively through Joint Application Development (JAD) and other brainstorming sessions.What you'll do:
- Own the near-term technical product roadmap together with the Product Manager, including milestones and prioritized deliverables
- Define detailed technical product requirements based on engineering, customer and business requirements defined by product management
- Manage detailed planning and delivery of features, including prioritizing and grooming the backlog
- Assist Engineering in managing the backlog of technical debt
- Coordinate with Value Stream teams on engineering reported enablement requests and issues
- Be the day-to-day point of contact of Product Management for Engineering
- Work with the Engineering, Architecture, DevSecOps, and Value Streamteams to create a complete and polished product offering
- Develops and aligns the Product Roadmap to strategic goals by working with customers, both internal and external, as well as Stakeholders to analyze and document both business and technology needs.
- Engages with the Agile development team in defining and maintaining Product Backlog epics and breaking them into features, user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Informs business decisions by drafting key objectives and results, strategies, and ensures appropriate levels of data is optimized by and through the product.
- Partners with product management and senior management to create, implement, and adjust the product to fit the company portfolio; represents the team while managing business with clients, users, and stakeholders.
- Communicates the business' product needs to technologists, internal and external business partners, and is held accountable for the functionality and the adoption of the created product.
- Articulates the value proposition to clients, internal and external business partners, and key stakeholders.
- Researches and analyzes product roadmap, market, and users.
- Helps advocate for and broaden team understanding of Agile methods, knowledge of new technologies and trends.
In Lieu of Education
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Education Details: Product Management, Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Experience: 4 years experience business analysis, business development, solutions development, system analysis, technical design/development implementation or equivalent experience. OR
- 2 years years product owner experience
In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Required Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Agile Methodologies (SAFe - Scaled Agile Framework, PI Planning, ART, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, IA)
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment, managing or leading moderate to high complexity agile projects
- Experience working closely in cross-disciplinary teams, including Business Analysts and Developers, to shepherd products through the complete SDLC
- Comprehensive understanding of the current trends and best practices in web, mobile (IOS, Android), and emerging technologies
- Strong practical knowledge of agile SAFe methodologies, product development, information architecture, usability testing, and UX/UI
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, acting quickly when required
- Working knowledge of other coding languages and when they are appropriately used
- Experience in implementing API-first solutions and maximizing them for efficiency and reusability
- Familiarity with the technical architectural considerations involved when designing for complex systems
- Working experience as Technical Product Owner or Technical Product Manager
- Experience with iterative and incremental development on product-focused teams practicing code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions.
- Ability to lead in an Agile environment.
- Experience in production support that has high visibility/SLA's.
- Strong teamwork focus and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams.
- Creative problem-solving skills that deliver elegant solutions to complex issues.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- An unwavering passion to advocate on behalf of our developer community
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations
- Adept at leading software projects of varying sizes and degrees of complexity
- Certified Scrum Product Owner - CSPO
- Previous healthcare experience
- Proficient in Agile methodologies, principles, and procedures.,
- Ability to define and build product roadmap.,
- Ability to negotiate with all stakeholders,
- Ability to manage stakeholders and their expectations.,
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.,
Certified Scrum Product Owner - CSPOEqual Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersClosing Date Please apply before: 10.7.2021Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship