Job Title: Technical Product Owner
Job Location: Reston, VA
Excelacom is a consulting and technology solutions company with a focus on Communications and Media providers. At our core, we partner with our clients to solve their complex business, technology and operational challenges through a combination of consulting expertise and telecom-focused product solutions.
Our consulting teams optimize existing systems and work on an accelerated timeline using innovative approaches and best practices that minimize risk and maximize return to improve business and operational performance without costly technology transformations.
Excelacom is a global company and is headquartered in the United States in Reston, VA, outside of Washington, D.C., with offices in North America and Europe as well as a technology center in Chennai, India.
Technical Product Owner (TPO) leads the product team(s) focused on Telecommunications + Media CRM and Order Management providing technology vision, systems development oversight and day-to-day operational management for all technology within their area of responsibility. In partnership with business leadership, ensures product development is aligned with product vision, roadmap and business expansion/growth opportunities.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the product strategy for products, specifically focused on Telecommunications + Media CRM and Order Management.
- Create, validate and manage the ongoing development and enhancements of the CRM and Order Management Suite (Century), including tracking feature lists.
- Define, maintain & publish the product roadmap for Century Suite.
- Participate and support sales teams in crafting Century based solutions for customers.
- Investigate and define future solutions based on market trends and client demands.
- Understand and document the market Excelacom’ s Century Suite competes in and the business opportunities it offers.
- Contribute to business and technical cross-functional teams that are located in the US and internationally.
- Able to actively participate in internal and client meetings to influence, educate and inform participants; and understand and explore their needs.
- Ability to identify and craft the business value for a potential market offering.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a concentration in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, IT, or Telecommunications.
- Strong technical background: knowledge of consumer, small business, wholesale and enterprise offerings (specifically the telecom related services).
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working in the area of service ordering, provisioning or fulfillment within the telecom domain.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience working for a software company, ideally within the area of CRM product management.
- Previous experience managing offshore teams.
- Deep understanding and ability to articulate the SaaS model internally and to customers.
- Significant experience in developing or managing large-scale software solutions.
- Strong PowerPoint creation and presentation skills.
- Represent Excelacom professionally, honestly and with integrity.
- Can demonstrate strong written and oral skills in the English language.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and strong follow-up skills.
- Willing to travel up to 25% as business needs required.
Excelacom, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Any decision affecting employment, compensation, promotion, or transfer will be based solely on personal qualifications and merit, regardless of sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age, results of genetic testing, service in the military, pregnancy, childbirth or other related medical conditions or any other factor protected under applicable law.