Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a Technical Program/Project Manager - Big Data Analytics
for a contract
assignment with one of our premier financial services clients in Irving, TX
- Accountable for managing the lifecycle for a complex cross functional body of work that has a long term positive impact on the company
- Establish collaborative and productive relationships with product management, governance, UX design, vendors and other supporting teams.
- Foster an environment of engineering excellence and innovation. Insist on designing to the edge.
- Works closely with development teams to build and launch new products, features and programs.
- Define and organize the program, outline tenets, analyze data, drive performance improvements, and influence resource allocation for all stages of execution (from ideation to delivery).
- Be the scrum master for your team. Own planning, standups, demos, retrospectives and the execution of your sprints. Removes blockers and always find the path forward in challenging situations
- Keep technical debt in check. Ensure teams are building using modern practices and tools. Recognize and act of your responsibility for driving change for the entire development community.
- Cultivate operational excellence within your teams. Understand service level agreements (SLA) and how your systems are performing in relation to them. Ensure your systems self-report breaches and understand root cause. Insist that your teams provide timely resolution of identified production defects.
- Mentor and grow your people. Create an environment of individual accountability. People grow to meet expectations. Yours should be high.
- Operate successfully in ambiguous environments.
- Communicate upward and outward.
- Looking for technical project managers will advanced agile planning, estimation and execution skills and expert level Jira skills.
- Must have technical knowledge of advanced analytics platforms such as data lakes, visualization(tableau), machine learning(pyspark) for predictive modeling, propensity modeling and scoring, data warehouses, real time streaming and batch data ingestion.
- Must have delivered advanced analytics solutions to production in the capacity of Technical program/project manager(including playing scrum master role) by leading engineering teams using agile methods.
- 10-12 years of industry experience. With at least 5+ years as technical project manager delivering advanced analytics solutions as an individual contributor.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (preferably computer science) or equivalent experience.
- Strong presence and communication skills required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented.
- Organizational and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in an environment.
- Ability to motivate and focus a collaboration to reach challenging goals.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated past experience in defining and measuring team success via data-driven metrics & reporting.
- Experience delivering with an agile methodology is a must.
- Degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
- Experience of building and launching a new data products from the ground up and/or experience with customer facing production systems preferred.
SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at www.sgainc.com