Technical Program ManagerLocation: Salt Lake City, UT
The Technical Program Manager serves an instrumental role in delivering NICE inContact software features to the marketplace. Fulfilling the role as Program Manager will help drive, plan and standardize software development activities from concept to completion. This person is responsible for driving organizational success through governance, standardization, and planning efficiency efforts. Major Functions/Responsibility
Required Education, Experience and Job Related Skills:
- The Program Manager collaborates with Product Management to disseminate market requirements and concepts into actionable work items for Architects, Software Engineers, and Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Execute the product vision through the software development lifecycle to ensure program goals are met.
- Interface with teams throughout company to drive, plan, and implement software objectives.
- Work closely with Product Management to break down product backlog items and disseminate them into technical requirements.
- Drive and lead the team on a daily basis ensuring that team plans, estimates, documents, and products deliver features on schedule and within budget.
- Perform the scrum master role for multiple teams.
- Identify resource conflicts, influence and facilitate course corrections to fulfill key project milestones.
- Provide timely project status updates, risks and issues to all stakeholders.
- Coordinate Release Management to schedule, communicate and drive releases onto each environment.
- Give clear and timely direction for product and project questions.
- Coordinate with Product Management for product launches and technical documentation.
- Be an expert with respect to the product line and usability.
- Create and communicate visual layouts and proof-of-concepts.
- Good understanding of competitive landscape.
- Maintain and share deep understanding of the product from the end-user perspective.
- Research available technologies and capabilities in order to drive the most effective product solutions.
- Participate in continuous process and program improvement that lead to reduced costs, time-to-market and increased predictability.
- Occasional travel for client-site visits or industry tradeshows.
- May also manage other program or project managers.
- Occasional staff selection, coaching, goals, performance, and evaluations.
- Share job knowledge, skills and ideas with other employees.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and inContact policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of inContact.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience required. Technical or industry certifications are preferred in addition to the required education/experience.
- 5+ years of project leadership in a cross-functional environment
- 4-5+ years hands-on experience working in a key software development lifecycle role
- 3+ year of demonstrated success defining and launching products
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience writing software specifications
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, RUP, and other modern development methodologies - preferably serving as a Scrum Master
- Demonstrated progressive work experience in a lead role
- Proactive, responsive and committed to removing roadblocks to fulfill timelines
- Strategic thinker, consensus builder
- Understands and translates non-technical feature descriptions into structured use cases, requirements, and specifications for technical audiences
- Ability to interact well with technical and non-technical people and serve as a bridge to translate complex requirements and concepts
- Experience working with and influencing cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong technical background with experience in communications, telephony, hosted-solutions, or contact center related fields
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in a changing and fast paced environment
- Excellent facilitation, interviewing, and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
ABOUT NICE inContact:
- Product Management experience using formal techniques and principles
- Experience working with graphical user experience and user interface design
- Experience working with object-oriented software development, web services, web development or other similar technical products
- Understanding of standard engineering processes and software development methodologies
- Experience with user acceptance testing, regression testing, integration testing.
- PMI, PMP, Certified Scrum Practioner, Certified Scrum Master certifications
NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world's No. 1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.