- As a key member of the PMO Team, you are responsible for planning, executing, monitoring and communicating multiple projects to maintain and enhance ATPCOâ€™s systems and infrastructure
- Lead operations managers and teams of engineers (both employees and contractors) in project scoping, task and schedule development, resource assignment, vendor selection, dependency management, implementation planning and issue and risk management
- Review project progress against scope/schedule/budget/quality milestones and work with project technical leads to proactively mitigate issues affecting project delivery
- Ensure appropriate project governance, reviews, and testing are applied to prevent impacts to availability of customer-facing systems
- Lead oversight and maintenance of OPS project portfolio, reporting project status and key project metrics to management
- Partner with the OPS managers, Solutions Architecture, and Infrastructure Architects to ensure project technical approach, tasks, and schedule are appropriate for the activities to be performed
- Collaborate with other ATPCO business units to ensure impacts and implications of OPS projects are understood and effectively communicated
- Document process changes and training material required for new and/or upgraded systems.
- Keep abreast of methodologies and practices around DevOps, ITIL and project management best practices, and apply that knowledge effectively
- Identify and implement practices that improve the effectiveness of project execution within the OPS group
- Mentor IT Ops staff in project management best practices.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelors Degree or experience equivalent in IT-related field of study.
PMP and/or ITIL certificationsRequired Skills/Experience:
Minimum 7 years hands-on project management experience, including management of IT infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of current IT Operations technologies and best practices in the areas of database, middleware, mainframe, data center operations, networking and distributed systems
- Experience in IT Operations processes and procedures such as incident management, change management, ticket management, and maintenance windows
- Able to engage effectively with all levels of management, as well as highly-skilled engineers and architects, to solve problems
- Works independently to solve project and people issues
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience planning projects with complex dependencies across teams and vendors
- Self-starter. Capable of creative and innovative thought and the ability to progress ideas from development through implementation
- Demonstrated experience in tracking project status, metrics and in analyzing details to determine trends and measures
- Proficient in MS Project, Project Server, time tracking and financial budgeting/forecasting