In this role, you will be responsible for the planning, directing, coordinating, and overall leadership of activities on designated software development and implementation projects for the K-12 transportation team. The Technical Project Manager is a key member of our team and client success, requiring that this position be intimately familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) and know how to work in a fast-paced, challenging, software-driven environment.
Location flexible, open to remote candidates within the contiguous U.S.
Work with our integrated district management solutions that help school districts bridge information gaps across all departments. From school ERP to student information and transportation, you can help districts of all sizes achieve more by improving transparency between parents and schools, advancing operations, and enabling data-driven decisions.Location
Latham, New York | Travel/Home-Based | Lawrenceville, Georgia | Regional (Albany, New York) | Remote | Columbus, OhioTravel
- Review project scope to determine timeframe, budgeting needs, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Serve as primary contact to client and internal staff during project engagement.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Collaborate with technical team on defining requirements, testing and deployment
- Facilitate meetings and conference calls.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and develop contingency plan
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to client, project team and upper management as necessary
- Conduct analysis on problems to obtain data required for solution.
- Provide problem resolution reports for management, client and team members.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the Project
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Annual Travel anticipated at 35-45% to client sites
Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
- 5 plus years of direct work experience in a project management capacity for software development related projects, specifically custom software projects is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent verifiable experience is required.
- Understanding of web and mobile application development is required
- PMP project management certification is strongly desired
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS strongly desired
- Prior experience in a technical role such as a developer desirable.
- Prior risk aversion, risk management, and/or change control experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Come join us as we transform the public sector! Our mission, vision, and values guide everything we do. We're also frequently recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our many awards and accolades . Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.