is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The role of a Technical Project Manager
is to plan, design, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases and systems requirements, acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
If you are located within the PST, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Drive delivery process to ensure various methodologies come together and team is enabled to meet agreed upon scope within committed timeframes and budget:
- Ensure Project/Program delivery specific to the methodology of the project/program (e.g., Waterfall, Agile) by effective management of scope, timelines, resources, financials, risks, and issues
- Manage milestones and work with team to identify delivery dates and steps to get there: develop detailed project plans, dependencies, predecessors, milestones, earn value analysis
- In an Agile process, this role will typically focus on the core program requirements if they are not playing a Scrum Master
- Partner with teams to ensure all delivery roles are filled, identify gaps and drive and take accountability:
- Facilitate meetings and interactions as needed to achieve delivery objectives
- Mobilize meetings (set objectives) stand-ups, status meetings, stakeholders' reviews, change management
- Facilitate collaboration between teams
- Resolve conflict as needed
- Prepare and communicate delivery status to stakeholders, including progress, obstacles, risks:
- Translate highly complex concepts that can be understood by variety of audiences
- Utilize facts and data to ensure objectivity
- Be transparent - "speak the truth"
- Identify & resolve issues with the appropriate tools and methodologies:
- Proactively identify issues utilizing metrics and stakeholder feedback; avoid "fire drills"
- Understand when to escalate an issue and who needs to be involved/informed in making decisions
- Managing issues / IRAD
- Provide guidance and leadership to teams:
- Provide matrixed leadership to resources assigned to deliverables - adjust as needed
- Influence direction setting, facilitate decision making, resolve conflicts
- Ensure the use of modern technologies - influencing use of automated testing, Dev/Ops
- Fiduciary responsibility:
- Provide quality estimates based on solid assumptions (reliable sizing)
- Understand the budget and track actuals to budget; manage variances; develop forecasts
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, computer science, or a related field
- 6-8 years of Software development life cycle experience, at least 3 years of experience in the health care managed services area
- 4 years of direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution
- Experience in writing SQL Server queries and designing UIs
- Programming background
- Advance understanding of Agile and Scrum SDLC methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft TFS, Visio, Project and Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business.
- Scrum Certificate and/or PMP certification
- Experience with MS SQL Database and operating systems
- Strong knowledge of HIPAA X12 EDI Transaction sets or claims processing knowledge
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to manage multiple large and complex projects in consultation with business and development team
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: click here
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Technical Project Manager, Software Development Life Cycle, Healthcare, Project Management, SQL, UI, User Interface, Agile, Scrum, SDLC, Programming, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, work at home, WFH, WAH, Remote, Los Angeles, CA, California, #RPO