Technical Project Manager (Data & Business Analytics)Based in Boston 9-month contract to potential FTE hire.Start Date: April 2018Rates: $50 to $67 Per Hour W2 OR $60 to $75 Per Hour C2C
A Technical Project Manager
with experience of working on data / business analytics projects is required to work for our client who is well recognized, global professional services company. You will be working from their office in central Boston for an initial 9-month contract to hire position.
The main objective for this position is to support and lead a data/business analytics team who are building a predictive model to understand risk in the intellectual property space. This team encompasses some of the smartest, Ivy League educated analysts and engineers and you will be responsible for ensuring they meet the project deliverable and keep everything structured in what can be a challenging environment.
Outside this project you will also be responsible for a number of existing and new IT ‘utility projects’.As Project Manager you will be responsible for the following;
As Project Manager you will have the following experience;
- Work collaboratively with project stakeholders to define the project scope, requirements, objectives on various projects.
- Arrange the coordination of cross-functional teams which will include software engineers, business owners, data analysts, financial and legal colleagues and bring together their expertise and knowledge to define and meet project goals.
- Build, control and communicate project plans and deliver transparent objectives and updates to all stakeholders.
- Organize achievable sprints and tasks
- Create visual project roadmaps and progression reports for C-level reporting
- Manage the relationships with key vendors, including contract design and development resources to guarantee they provide the right level of support and expertise that is required for a successful project
- At least 6+ years as a Project Manager who’s worked on technical and business analytics focused projects in both small and large teams
- Excellent knowledge of the business technology industry including exposure to different workstreams i.e. software, web, data, analytics, reporting, finance, cyber security and more
- Experience working on large, complex cross-disciplinary technology projects
- PMP Certified
- Proficient with Project Management software packages i.e. Workfront, Visio, Asana or similar
- Detailed understanding of data management, data analytics and associated processes
- Proactive and tenacious ‘can do’ attitude to unblock issues and ensure progress
- Inspiring project leadership capabilities to drive team engagement
- Excellent communication skills with a strong commercial mind set and business acumen
- Problem solver with a pragmatic evangelist approach required in a transformation environment
A demonstrable track record in a similar role is a necessity for this business-critical role. The culture is one that promotes creativity and the ability to think outside of the box. This is an exciting opportunity for a Technical Project Manager in search of an exciting project and rewarding challenge.US Citizens or Green Card holders only accepted for this position. **No H1B's**