*Only candidates who are able to interview in-person will be considered for the position.*
Position will sit in downtown Seattle and is scheduled to be contract to hire around 6 months.
The right candidate will come from a consulting background, delivering projects for an external customer. This role involves repeat engagements with the same customer (but different teams) over and over. Finding needs at client, estimating budget/cost, writing SOW and managing/delivering project thereafter.
Technical Project Manager
Our Client's Professional Services division delivers strategy implementations, new product feature development and integration services to Advertisers, Content Providers, MVPDs and Technology Providers to deliver extraordinary experiences across every screen.
Our professionals services teams are based in our Seattle office and work closely with our product development teams. We help accelerate customer ROI by delivering rich video experiences across every screen with one solution that lets our customers manage, publish, distribute and monetize video content. We are a small, tightly knit team of multi-talented people that are industry experts.
Our Client's purpose is to be the most valued partner to those leading the future of media and technology. Leveraging the most complete portfolio of capabilities, unmatched expertise and unrivaled infrastructure, we help customers thrive in a rapidly evolving multi-platform world by powering extraordinary experiences to every screen. If you share a passion for contributing your talents to empowered teams, possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by imagination and possibilities, we want to develop and grow your career.
Typical engagements include:
* Custom development of online video Players
* TV Everywhere solutions
* Video on Demand (VoD) and live linear streaming solutions
* Video Ingest workflow and best practices
* CDN integrations
* Content Publishing work-flows
* Architectural Design
* Product and Project Leadership
Our Project Managers have overall responsibility for successful delivery of our customer facing projects. They are responsible for contract creation, project planning & estimation, resources allocation,
customer implementations, and overall management of the project.
* Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate
* Resource allocation and management of technical team
* Oversees development team*s creation of user stories to be scheduled and tracked
* Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
* Participates in daily scrums and sprint retrospectives.
* Own project communications, to include:
o Work with technical team to help lead initiatives and manage technical communication with customer
o Manage customer escalation and issues
o Effectively facilitate technical conversations between customer and team members,
o Ensure stakeholders agree
o Communicate technical challenges to the business to negotiate alternate solutions
o Communicate both actively and transparently the team*s status on active projects
* Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to customer.
* Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
* Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
* Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
* Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
* Co-ordinate the transition of finished projects to the support group.
* Manage multiple simultaneous technical projects at the same time.
* Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
* Manages project budget.
o Provide forecast v. actual budget #s, identify project risks (technical and non-technical) and manage or escalate accordingly.
* Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
* Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
* Manages day-to-day customer interaction.
* Sets and manages customer expectations.
* Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
* Builds a knowledge base of each customer's business, organization and objectives.
* 7 years of Project Management experience managing full lifecycle Software Development projects.
* Consulting industry experiences or background (Project Management or portfolio Management).
* Understanding of Web Services technologies, including SOAP, REST and related standards.
* Experience working in an Agile delivery model.
* Knowledge of rich media and content management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must!
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Keen attention to detail across all aspects of a project.
* Understanding of Project management concepts.
* Proficiency in MS Project or other Planning tools.
* Bachelors degree.