TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is the world's largest stock transfer agent that has pioneered many of the securities industry's innovations to help companies build and maintain strong relationships with their investors, employees and customers. For more than 35 years, we have grown rapidly in markets around the world to meet the evolving needs of our 16,000 clients.
Responsible for overseeing project implementations and development activities from original concept through final implementation based on business requirements submitted from throughout the company. The Project Manager will work with different business units within the company to identify internal customer needs. The individual will be responsible for organizing and managing complex project plans for the development and implementation of strategic business plans and technological projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for adhering to current project management standard processes and ensuring compliance to quality assurance policies.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated experience with working with business users to gather and document business requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with technical design reviews and leadership for the design and implementation of enterprise applications
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of unit testing QA testing and user acceptance testing.
- Experience with other Microsoft technologies a plus.
- Ability to work in a collaborative dynamic team environment and interact at all levels.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with minimal supervision.
- Ability to motivate team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational presentation interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills.
- Strong process and gap analysis skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and excellent customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Class Action administration experiences a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science or related discipline is required.
- 7+ years of varied experience in Information Technology.
- 4+ years in an IT leading project management position.
- Experience with SQL and .NET technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with MSWord Excel Visio PowerPoint MS Project.
- Extensive experience with planning managing and tracking multiple complex and major impact projects.
- In depth experience in software development and infrastructure environment
- In-depth experience with the development lifecycle and software development methodologies.
- Strong process development skills with the ability to learn and understand technical concepts in order to interpret document and formalize procedures.
- Experience with other Microsoft technologies a plus
- Extensive experience with managing client expectations implementing service improvement initiatives and communicating effectively with senior management.
- PMP or PMI certification or other Project Manager certifications a plus.
- Experience in legal services industries a plus.
Ability to read/comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one/small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally have reason to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by business needs and communicated by their supervisor.