Actively seeking a Technical Project Manager in Washington, D.C/Top Secret Clearance!
Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve tough problems? Our technology group is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients through their most complex technology challenges. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to work with clients through critical issues, consider a career in Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) Technology practice. Work you'll do
In this highly visible role, our selected candidate will direct and coordinate activities related to the design, development and implementation of web-based software applications while ensuring end user business needs are met.
U.S. Citizenship is required as is an active Top Secret Security Clearance The Team
- Participating meaningfully in technical and non-technical conversations with both internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Contributing and tracking details throughout discussions (i.e., relating and distilling the relevancy of components to service technical implementation areas).
- Leading a technical working group comprising of interagency SMEs.
- Drive multiple agencies to consensus.
- Manage a small software development team of various skill levels as you identify and work through any obstacles to development.
- Tracking and documenting development and architecture using JIRA and Confluence as management tools.
- Serving as a liaison to non-technical and technical organizations to communicate development progress, plan system integration testing and execution, investigate and troubleshoot unexpected anomalies, and identify potential risks to systems operations are also aspects of this opportunity.
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts. Qualifications Required Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years' hands-on experience managing a small software development team of various skill levels, while designing, developing and implementing web-based software applications, encompassing use of the following:
- JIRA and:
- Confluence Business Process Requirements Gathering
- Object-oriented Programming
- OS LINUX
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
How you'll grow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience as a liaison to non-technical and technical organizations alike to communicate development progress
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.