CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager. The Technical Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing solutions related to new and existing products, modules, and services. The Technical Project Manager sets milestones for each project and coordinates efforts between teams, both internal and external, in order to effectively and efficiently deliver projects according to plan. The Technical PM will assist with technical proposals, engineering processes, and documentation control.
- Manages assigned projects related to an existing network in support of government customers and ensures that concepts correlate with provided or developed requirements.
- Serves as a project manager in assigned projects from inception to completion including, but not limited to the following: research, conceptualization, feasibility assessment, design, proposal, lab testing, site surveys, implementation planning, procurement, training, documentation, and transition to the operational environment.
- Interfaces with team members for life cycle management planning.
- Creates and manages the plan for moving technical solutions to final client hand-off.
- Assembles and coordinates the internal and external teams to gain consensus on deliverables from each team.
- Collaboratively adapts existing and develop new project plans, processes and communication standards for the engineering teams.
- Manages the formulation and ongoing tracking of each assigned project.
- Assists with the development of reports and presentations.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is not a supervisory or personnel management position.
#LI-POST1 #CFJFED Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon Requisition # : 124844 This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/ - EEO-Statement No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, -protected statuses-). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.- Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions. Department:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in technical discipline. Extensive experience can be evaluated as an alternative to formal education.
- PMP certification and proven project management experience
- TS/SCI clearance
- A high level of technical writing ability is required
- Government contracts experience a plus
- Knowledge of physical, operational, and communication security processes and procedures is required.
- Previous military experience preferred.