CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
The primary responsibility of the Technical Project Manager II – NETWORX is to coordinate service delivery and provide leadership and management of vendor staff that install the service delivery equipment.
This position requires working in a team environment, as a member of an organization responsible for the coordination of site surveys, installations, and activations of Service Enabling Devices (SEDs). This effort will require management of multi-site SED installation projects, scheduling and coordination of installation vendor activities that include; site surveys, demark cable extensions, inside wiring, hardware installation, circuit activation and customer acceptance.
- Inter-departmental teaming, the ability to elicit support from other organizations
- Communicating with vendors, customer facing management and sales teams and doing whatever is necessary to support the customer’s provisioning, design and SEDs installation needs.
- Defines projects based on Program/customer requirements, schedule planning and implementation, budgeting, and quality control of customer deliverables
- Provides leadership and coordination for assigned projects using a matrix team concept
- Attends various governmental and general meetings as required
- Provides status updates to management and customers as required
- Performs Quality Checks (QC) on all site surveys for assigned projects for delivery to customers as required by contracts
- Identifies all problem areas on jobs and discusses with Team Members and others as needed
- Oversees Subcontractor installation vendors
- Updates the Program Manager weekly on the status of projects or as required. Provides inputs to written weekly reports to customers as required
- Manages and coordinates projects from order through delivery
- Keeps detailed records of daily work/project activities for future reference
- Understands and adheres to company policies and practices
- Ensures the successful completion of customer project requirements
- Coordinates subcontractors and equipment to complete projects on schedule and within budget
- Other related duties as assigned
#CFJFED #LI-POST1 Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon Requisition # : 133219 This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/ - EEO-Statement We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, -protected statuses-).- We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.- Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions. Department:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years' Project Management experience
- Experience managing multi-site installation projects
- Experience installing and activating Service Enabling Devices (SEDs)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project
- General experience includes: customer service, project management, network service, and provisioning
- US Citizenship required
- May be required to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation)