Our client is a well-established and growing education technology company. They are seeking a Technical PM to plan and manage professional services projects for their higher education clients. Activities include project startup, planning and execution, risk analysis and mitigation, client relationship management, requirements definition and software quality assurance.
This role may require periodic short-term travel to conferences, seminars, and client sites up to 25% of the time.
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority: resolves conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- Identify project staffing needs and developing staffing options
- Prepare and submit weekly project status reports: prepares monthly reports outlining team assignments and/or changes, project status changes.
- Maintains ultimate responsibility for the timely delivery of software development projects
- Manage personnel activities for teams (i.e., hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary, etc.).
- Interact with other products and services departments, as well as sales, accounting, personnel and product development as necessary.
- Communicate with customers to assess customer satisfaction level with services and products.
- Participate in direct customer and sales support as necessary.
Experience and Skills:
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree required. A software engineering, computer science or engineering degree is preferred.
- 2+ years of professional experience in software project management.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent writing, editing, communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required
- Professional appearance and presentation required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver software development projects on-time and at budget
- Demonstrated ability to raise and resolve project issues with stakeholders
- Strong knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Solid understanding of entire software development process, including specification, documentation, quality assurance, performance and scalability testing infrastructure planning and provisioning, deployment, and production support
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams
- Strong experience with one or more Agile development practices