Technical Project Manager
Piper Companies is leading the search for a Technical Project Manager in Reston, Virginia (VA) to work directly our premier client, who is a leader in domain names and internet infrastructure. The Technical Project Manager will be hands-on in deployment life-cycles and understand the SDLC extensively. The Technical Project Manager is someone that is team player with the ability to motivate team members, resolve issues, and perform with ambiguity.Responsibilities for the Technical Project Manager:
Requirements for the Technical Project Manager:
- Administration of all aspects of the project including scheduling, planning, coordinating and running software infrastructure deployments.
- Manage large-scale, complex projects that include multiple teams and matrix partners.
- Identify and describe technical issues, risks and incidents.
- Understand an array of technical skills and be able to solve highly technical, complex problems.
- Manage all aspects of the project life-cycle and partner with internal resources to oversee all phases of the project.
Compensation for the Technical Project Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent discipline, PMP certification is a plus.
- Must have at least 8 years of large-scale software development management experience, ideally in commercial environments.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience leading projects that included sub-teams, cross-organizational teams, and financial project management.
- Strong proficiency with agile methods.
- Solid experience with highly available back-end transaction intensive OLTP systems and API interfaces.
- Understanding of programming technologies and distributed architectures at a high-level.
This is a direct placement opportunity with our client.
Offering a target salary of $135,000 annually with PTO, and Holiday pay.
Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits offered.
US Permanent Residents or Citizens only due to client requirements.