634864 – DBHDS Technical Project Manager
4+ Month Contract
Our Large Government client seeks a Senior Technical PM responsible for managing technical projects from design, testing, implementation, and follow up. Completing various project milestones, timelines, and plans across the Central Office and 14 facilities.
DAY TO DAY
- Develop and refine project plan with scope, milestones, schedules, and resources for technical projects
- Track project progress and report project status to all stakeholders utilizing project management tools to facilitate planning and tracking (working exp with Agile methodology preferred)
- Manage and track changes to scope, priorities, schedules and resources
- Work closely with executive leadership and the clients to coordinate task schedule and resource allocation, resolve conflicts, and maintain full visibility of multiple projects
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders for regular status reporting and on escalations
- Identify and mitigate any potential issue that may impact the deliverables
- Manage the progress of the projects ensuring an on schedule, on budget delivery. Effectively manage change. Ensure that the project team is tracking to commitments.
- Requires working closely with business owners and leadership team to oversee the effective configuration, implementation, deployment and use of licensed products.
ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT
This resource would need to be a PMP (preferred) and VITA PMDP qualified (required). It is important that they are skilled with scope and change management and working with VITA to stand up the appropriate network infrastructure to support DBHDS enterprise wide application implementations including all 12 DBHDS Facilities.
Must also be familiar with utilizing project management skills and techniques to manage application implementations to complete on time and on budget. This includes working collaboratively with vendors for all stages of the project including planning and coordinating testing and training at all facilities. Among those projects:
- SQL 2008 server upgrade/migration project currently underway (All agency departments and facilities)
- Dietary System (CBORD) Application Replacement
- Incident Management System (CHRIS) Replacement
- ServiceNow implementation in the IT Support Department
- PMP certification required
- VITA PMDP qualified
- 5+ years Strong foundation in project management principles, processes and methodology (Agile preferred)
- 5+ years Technical background, preferably in enterprise networking including IP addressing, routing, VPNs, Firewalls, etc.
- 5+ years Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with significant visibility to the client executive teams.
- 5+ years Strong influential management experience.
- 5+ years Must have strong and effective communication and presentation skills for effective communication and presentation skills Required
Desired Experience and certifications:
- 5 Years of demonstrated experience managing highly visible strategic and demanding customer
- Bachelor’s degree in in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field or equivalent (preferred).
Interviews will be conducted via Skype.
***While we appreciate all applicants, only consultants local to the Richmond, VA area will be considered***