One of our clients is looking for a Project Manager. This is a contract opportunity. If you are interested in my opportunity. Please send me your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under limited supervision, manages projects through the full life cycle from project definition and approval through implementation and evaluation of all project deliverables. Incumbents must create a collaborative partnership with the all internal and external team members to accomplish the deliverables within the timeframes and budgets defined. Provides guidance to the project team and utilizes standard project management methodology. May also serve in a lead role and/or supervise lower-level staff.
IT application development project manager overseeing a diversity of projects involving in-house development, COTS implementation, or custom configuration on COTS products. Projects are managed in 3-6 month development cycles in PMI SLDC utilizing Agile/Scrum techniques as needed. Projects are enterprise-wide in scope. Project Manager will be working within a weak-matrix organization with no direct control of IT resources. A Business Analyst is typically assigned as part of the IT team.
- Manages multiple IT projects
- Proactively communicate project status and drives resolution of outstanding risks, issues, and action items
- Manages the project schedule to meet baseline dates and deadlines within Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM
- Maintains project scope boundaries and submit requests for scope changes
- Monitors staff progress and maintains project logs of stakeholders, action items, issues, and risks
- Aggressively drives/initiates action/progress to keep project moving forward
- Acts as primary liaison with vendors/consultants, project stakeholders, and IT teams
- Maintains project site, artifacts, emails and documentation in repository in SharePoint
- Meets project expectations and works within agreed assumptions/constraints
- Maintains business relationship between IT and project stakeholders
- Understands product features and functions to be able to identify issues and expectation gaps between stakeholders, customers, and developed systems
- Obtains buy-in, user adoption, and facilitates resolution of post-go-live support issues
- Facilitates completion of IT training and reporting to support end users on IT Projects
- Provide excellent customer service as a representative of GDOT IT
- Works scheduled on-site shift of typically 8 hour days, 40 hours per week
- Works weekends or evenings occasionally to oversee application deployments
- Travels within Atlanta to GDOT offices as needed and (rarely) on occasion travels to offices across the state of Georgia Work Terms and Conditions:
- Candidate will be working in the GDOT Office of IT Applications. Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units. The candidate will follow internal GDOT standards, and accepted best practices for developed solutions.
- Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel expense lodging and meals. Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel use of a personal vehicle use. All travel expense reimbursement shall be in accordance with State Accounting Office Travel Policy: https://sao.georgia.gov/state-travel-policy
- The position end date is set for the end of the Georgia DOT fiscal year. Georgia DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one year increments. Several successful consultants have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, Georgia DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time.
- The Department has 12 holidays, which consultants are not allowed to work nor make up any time for those holiday weeks without management's approval. Consultants are not to take extended leave during their first year of service (e.g. 1 week or greater). Consultants may not telework or work a compressed work-week schedule during their first year of service. Work is on-site and remote or off-site work is not authorized.
- Consultant may be required to purchase $20.00 identification card for candidate, which is non-refundable.
- Consultant must have cell phone which can be used as a contact for business calls.
- GDOT does not provide free parking. All routine commuting expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
32 Temple Street, Suite #3 Boston, MA, 02114Contact