Verisign's Technology Services Group is looking for polished Technical Program Managers.
The Technical Program Manager IV has a proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, motivate teams, resolve conflict, and execute with limited information and ambiguity. This person has solid influencing skills, sound business and technical acumen, experience with highly available back-end transaction intensive OLTP type systems and API interfaces and understanding of high-level programming technologies and distributed architectures.
The Technical Project Manager IV is responsible for:
• scheduling, planning, coordinating, and running all software and infrastructure deployments for Verisign's products.
• an in-depth understanding of many technical skills and their applications/interactions and may be called upon to solve highly technical, complex problems.
• managing assigned portion of large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple matrix partners.
• Managing assigned aspects of the project life cycle and work with matrix partners and more senior project managers to oversee all phases of a project.
The Technical Program Manager V is a very hands-on position with high visibility and large levels of cross functional responsibility. This position is geared towards a Senior PM who has experience in leading and contributing to the initial definition of programs, can set direction, contribute ideas and implement new process/procedure where needed. They must also have experience in managing strategic objectives through the oversight of multiple project activities. This Senior PM will be responsible for initiating the CI/CD program, tracking the progress across multiple projects, and performing end-to-end cross-discipline leadership throughout the project lifecycle.
The Technical Program Manager V is responsible for:
• ownership of driving cross functional strategic projects and program initiatives with the objective of continuous improvement, and continuous delivery. This TPM will manage key initiatives and workstreams from scope to delivery, ensuring quality and the achievement of planned business objectives.
• oversight of the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling programs that balance both business and technical needs. Business needs can change rapidly, so you'll need to stay connected with both internal and external dependencies to ensure a high-quality and on-time delivery. It's still early in the lifecycle so you'll need to be good at defining right size processes, developing solutions, and driving adoption across the organization.
• partnering with engineering, operations, legal, compliance, policy and multiple business teams globally to define strategy and requirements for the overall program of work. You will own reporting of the health and progress metrics. You will work with all teams to ensure consistency across the program.
Verisign, a leader in domain names and internet infrastructure, enables internet navigation for many of the world's most recognized domain names. Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
The Benefits and Culture:
• Work on the high-scale systems that provide key Internet services
• Strong Verisign technical community with constant opportunities to learn via tech talks and other internal events
• Training and education opportunities such as Verisign University and tuition reimbursement for work-related degrees
• Clearly defined corporate mission and values
• Vibrant internal organizations such as the Young Professionals and Women in Technology groups
• Numerous benefits for all stages of life: employee stock purchase plan, parental leave and support programs, adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, vacation, comprehensive insurance programs, 401K company match, nursing room, back-up child and adult/elder care support, pet insurance, wellness, commuter and more
• Fully-equipped onsite gym offering free classes; tennis, volleyball, and basketball courts, table tennis
• Casual dress policy
• Heavily subsidized onsite multi-station cafeteria, Starbucks, smoothie and juice bar
• Volunteering and matching opportunities to give back to our community via the Verisign Cares program
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience
Technical Project Manager IV
• 8+ years of progressively responsible experience on large scale software development projects, preferably in a commercial software development environment
• 4+ years of directly managing software projects of significant scale and complexity including multiple sub-teams, financial project management, and cross-divisional staff involvement
Technical Program Manager V
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience on large scale software development projects, and program management.
• 6+ years of experience directly managing projects of significant scale and complexity including multiple sub-teams, project management, and cross-divisional staff involvement