We have a unique opportunity for someone to contribute
their talents and strengths as a Technical
Security Consultant A COMPANY TO BE PROUD OF
At Computershare we
invite you to share our vision and commitment to excellence in everything that we do. Our 12,000 people around
the globe are entrepreneurial and innovative, serving 16,000 clients and
customers with precision and reliability because they count on us to deliver,
every time.Computershare (ASX:
CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration,
employee equity plans, mortgage servicing, proxy solicitation and stakeholder
communications. We also specialize in corporate trust, bankruptcy, class action
and utility administration, and a range of other diversified financial and
Founded in 1978,
Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management,
high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and
stakeholder engagement. Many of the world's leading organizations use us to
streamline and maximize the value of relationships with their investors,
employees, creditors and customers.Computershare is
represented in all major financial markets and has over 12,000 employees
worldwide.DIVERSITY IS A STRENGTH
Across our global
team, we see diversity as a source of strength. The more perspectives we
have, the better equipped we'll be to meet the demands of our diverse global
customer base. We want every person who joins out team, every customer and
every supplier to feel welcome. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and
believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, national or ethnic origin,
sex, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, disability, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected be
applicable law. That applies throughout our company, around the world with no
exceptions, regardless of differences. We will hire, develop, reward, promote
and retain people purely on the basis of their talents, commitment, potential
and the results they achieve. We will work hard to make sure everyone is
included within our organization, removing barriers and obstacles to give
everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.OUR VALUES
Our key values -
Certainty, Ingenuity and Advantage - drive everything we do: you can count on
us to deliver with precision and reliability, every time. We look beyond
today's problems to find tomorrow's solutions, focusing on finding new and
better way to unlock your competitive edge and help you achieve your business
goals.A ROLE YOU
The Technical Security Consultant provides technical and non-technical
information security consultancy, architecture and project services to the
Computershare business units and Computershare Technology Services (CTS) within
This role is part of a global team of information security professionals
that deliver in-depth technical security services for our most critical
applications and infrastructure to ensure that they are highly resilient
against existing and emerging cyber security threats.Primary Accountabilities
WHAT WE NEED
- Support the Regional Information Security Officer, Chief Security Architect and the Global Information Security Leadership Team in the development and execution of the Information Security Consultancy and Architecture programme as part of the overall Computershare Information Security Strategy.
- Contribute towards and, where required, manage the implementation of regional and global information security projects and initiatives.
- Provide technical and non-technical information security consultative support and guidance to the regional business units and technology teams ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory and legislative requirements
- Provide technical information security advice to internal stakeholders with regard to technology projects in order to ensure that security is considered and applied prior to deployment in line with relevant SDLC processes.
- Maintain a forward looking perspective on emerging information security and technology developments and their relevance to Business and Technology Strategies.
- Contribute to managing and maintaining vendor relationships, evaluating usefulness and cost of products and making appropriate recommendations to assist in execution of the enterprise security architecture.
- Provide technical and process-based support to the other information security services delivered by the global functions of Global Information Security, including Security Administration, Penetration Tests, Vulnerability Assessments, and Security Monitoring.
- Liaise with Global Information Security Cyber Assurance team to deliver and interpret the results of the penetration tests, vulnerability scans, patch assessments and build compliance scans performed by the Cyber Assurance team.
- Develop effective, working relationships with CTS staff and leadership to increase the Global Information Security Group's impact and strategic influence throughout the region.
- Actively champion Global Information Security and raise awareness about its role, objectives and initiatives to regional Business Unit and CTS staff and management.
- Build and manage effective working relationships with other support and governance functions within the region, including Risk, Audit, Compliance, Legal, HR, Marketing and Finance.
- Attend regular team and project meetings and provide both verbal and written reports to the Regional Information Security Officer and Global Information Security Leadership Team, as required.
- Appropriate level of experience working in information security or relevant technical IT function either from an end-user or consultancy environment.
- Broad strategic and tactical information security risk management experience.
- Possess, or working towards, one of more of the following professional information security certifications: CISSP, CISM, CRISC or similar) together with a thorough understanding of the security principles outlined in OWASP, NIST and ISO27000.
- Be a self-starter, be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple complex tasks, and work well under pressure with limited supervision both individually and at times, with other team members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex technical terms to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be able to adapt to a flexible working model, such as attending conference calls meetings outside of normal office hours and occasionally travelling to other local and international Computershare locations.
- Global Information Security
- Global & Regional IT Development teams
- Global & Regional IT Infrastructure teams
- Business Executives and Client Relationship Managers
- Internal Audit
- Shared Service Functions (HR, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Communications)
Operating Environment & Context
- External security suppliers
- External and client security auditors
The Global Information Security team is responsible to drive the
development, deployment and management of information and cyber security across
the Computershare businesses, globally. Through partnerships with the business
units, Technology Services and other support functions, the Global Information
Security team actively support the business objectives whilst reducing the
overall composite risk to Computershare.Risk & Conduct: (Mandatory
- act with integrity
- act with due skill, care and diligence
- be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- pay due regards to the interests of the customers and treat them fairly
- observe proper standards of market conduct
- complete all mandatory, regulatory training and assessments when notified to do so but the company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from
four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Language
to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to
respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative
techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches
and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public
groups, and/or boards of directors.Mathematical
to work with mathematical concepts such as percentages and ratios and apply
mathematical concepts in activities such as budgetingReasoning
Ability to apply principles
of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical
problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is typical of an open office
physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
REWARDS AS UNIQUE AS YOU
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull
or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of
the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- A choice medical insurance
plans designed to meet your needs
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Life & Disability insurance
- Flexible spending and health savings accounts
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid time off - You'll accrue 3 weeks your
- Nine Holidays
- $1,000 Employee Referral Program
- Wellness programs
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Banking and investments plans
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Employee discounts for wellness, auto &
homeowners insurance, wireless service and more...
To learn more, visit us at www.computershare.com/mycareer
.Your career is waiting.
Computershare is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.