What will you do
Provides direct technical field service support for medical equipment at the customer site including installation, maintenance, repair and technical support.
Who you are
- Schedule and perform routine periodic manufacturer s certification on medical equipment at customer locations in accordance with service contract and company procedures and standards.
- Evaluate, diagnose and repair malfunctioning equipment in response to service calls.
- Be "on-call" outside of normal working hours to provide emergency service. May provide service via telephone communication.
- Install new equipment. Provide technical support for upgrades and other special service programs to support field service activities.
- Promote customer satisfaction through proactive, professional communication with the Customer.
- Use company supplied laptop to access service dispatch and customer information; document service work performance; extract equipment documentation and diagnostic information; place inventory and parts orders, and perform other electronic data communications and transfers as may be directed or required to effectively perform their job responsibilities.
- Manage dispatches and time effectively and efficiently to drive high impact services to Draeger customers.
- Support service sales function as needed; i.e. assist with service program communications, communicate and assist with development of legitimate service program leads, etc.
- Provide information and feedback to Technical Support and Factory for problem identification and resolution.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Associates Degree in Electronics, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education & experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical service capacity requiring electronics/biomedical training.
Minimum of 1 year of customer or field service experience required. Strong customer communication skills are necessary for daily customer interaction.
Previous field service experience preferred
Previous computer networking experience preferred
A newly hired individual may be classified as a Technical Service Specialist provided that they have a minimum of four years biomedical or field service experience with medical devices, and meet the
Special Competencies or Certifications:
- Must have good communication skills and be able to effectively articulate and communicate company and product information to external and internal customers.
- Must be able to read and understand schematics and other diagrams provided for use in repairing, troubleshooting and maintaining Draeger equipment and comprehend technical problems presented and render an effective solution.
- Must be proficient in the use of PC applications including MS office suite, and able to use or learn other applications as business dictates.
- Must be quality and customer focused
- Must have proven track record of ability to work independently
- Demonstrates aptitude for learning new technologies
- Must have a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record
- Must be able to travel within territory and willing to travel outside of territory when needed
- Possesses & maintains expert level support for all modalities for which training has been provided
- Demonstrates initiative and is results oriented