The Technical Support Specialist should be able to build rapport with clients to turn what may be a negative situation into a positive customer service experience. They will be expected to provide first tier support for technical issues.Location
The Technical Support Specialist should be able to:
- Evaluate the severity of an issue and determine if management intervention is necessary to address a serious problem in a timely manner.
- Provide support in the various systems management environments related to the New World ERP application software and legacy applications, installed on Windows Operating Systems, using Microsoft SQL Databases.
- Provide first tier support for technical issues.
- Respond to client requests for service by priority according to published policies.
- Build rapport with clients to turn what may be a negative situation into a positive customer service experience. Manage and prioritize multiple and often conflicting tasks.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with a wide range of clients, both internal and external, from technical to non-technical and from management to clerical. Focus on providing accurate answers in a pleasant manner.
- Adapt to changing product and environments.
- Demonstrate full product knowledge and eliminate knowledge gaps in legacy, current and future products and services by means of self-study, supplemented by formal education.
- Provide seamless integration to department and company resources to reinforce single point of contact and total incident ownership, including those outside direct area of responsibility.
- Provide systems management (operating system, database administration, server, and workstation support) troubleshooting and consultation technical support to clients and fellow employees. Primary areas of support include:
- Remote support of client's mission critical financial server(s)
- Operating system administration for Windows or Web servers
- Network & local printing
- Point of sale hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Tyler program release and third party software upgrades
- Database administration (Microsoft SQL)
- Resolves client inquiries and issues in a timely manner; communicates closure effectively through email and phone communications.
- Document and record all aspects of client interactions in designated client management systems to promote transparency and understanding of technical issues.
- Manage open calls by identifying and prioritizing issues according to published policies.
- Escalate to senior team member or department member if situation is beyond ability and additional assistance is needed.
- Identify and meet service measurements and metrics on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with other teams, departments and divisions with issues pertaining to Tyler software applications.
- May contribute to company knowledge library.
- May conduct training for end-users.
- Follow documented Tyler Technologies policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide systems management (operating system, database administration, server, and workstation support) troubleshooting and consultation technical support to clients and fellow employees.
- Primary areas of support include:
- Resolve s client inquirie s and issues in a timely manner; c ommunicate s closure effecti ve ly through email and phone communications .
- Document s and record s all aspects of client interactions in designated client management systems to promote transparency and understanding of technical issues.
- Manage s open calls by identifying and prior itizing issues according to published policies.
- Escalate s to senior team member or department member if situation is beyond ability and additional assistance is needed .
- Identif ies and meet s service measurements and metrics on a daily, week ly, monthly and q uarterl y basis .
- Collaborate s with other teams, departments and divisions with issues pertaining to Tyler software applications .
- May c ontribute to company knowledge library.
- May conduct training for end-users.
- Follow s documented Tyler Technologies polic i es and pro cedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
State Specific Salary Range Disclosure Requirements for Colorado, Connecticut, and Nevada
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience.
- Experience administering Windows servers.
- Working knowledge of server hardware and network configurations, including web servers.
- Ability to troubleshoot PC configurations and connectivity issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude
- Flexible to work various shifts to cover our core hours. Monday - Friday 8AM - 8PM
Salary will generally fall between $45,279 - $59,578 before adjustment for geographic differences. Recruiter can confirm if position is incentive eligible.Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people .
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing email@example.com or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.