Are you seeking an opportunity to work with today's most advanced thin film processing tools? Anelva tools have been delivering cutting edge performance in thin films deposition (PVD) and enabling our customers to manufacture the most advanced hard disks and volatile memories/nonvolatile memories. We have an exciting opportunity in San Jose, CA to directly interface with customers to support their Anelva equipment in the field, which includes troubleshooting and installations.
This position performs technical support of the high vacuum equipment for PVD and related robotics. The individual must understand vacuum technology, general practices, and procedures within the semiconductor field and be able to apply such skills fluently to perform field service duties at customer's clean room. In addition, provide on-call technical support, which may require off shift work.
- Responsible to monitor, inspect, setup, calibrate, and maintain semiconductor process equipment in the field to prevent equipment down time.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software related issues and implement solutions
- Collect data for software related issues and discuss with headquarter in Japan.
- Accurately document all maintenance activity and provide field service reports.
- Install equipment control software and maintain record of software revision history.
- Participate in the installation of equipment at customers' sites.
- Monitor stock level of service parts and equipment to ensure adequate inventory is available for repair work.
- Provide training and assistance to other technicians.
- Effectively communicate with customers, Canon USA and Canon-Anelva Japan employees,
- Escalate serious or complicated repair problems to senior level team members.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required plus 0-2years of experience.
- Candidates without AS or BS may be considered with equivalent experience in the same field
- Multi chamber cluster systems and robotics experience is highly preferred
- Ability to understand electrical and mechanical drawings for troubleshooting
- Experience with PLC and other software applications is a plus
- Ability to work independently following 3-6 months of on the job training
- Must have analytical skills for problem analysis and resolution
- Decide on problem solving road map and follow methodical means to resolution
- Decide and recommend spare and consumable parts for PM's and repairs
- Job may require domestic travel up to 25% and international travel for training.
- May require considerable travel throughout sales territory (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary). Additionally, because this position requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job, must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies
- Position may require ability to work flexible shifts
- Requires ability to lift approx. 50 lbs.
- Bilingual Communication skills helpful but not required. (Japanese/English)
- Substantial amount of standing, walking, typing, grasping, talking and hearing.
Substantial amount of driving required, sometime for multiple hours at a time.
Occasionally kneeling, crouching, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling and climbing stairs or ladder.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity with or without corrective lenses for extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Working primarily in a cleanroom environment (wearing full clean room suit, facemask, gloves, safety glasses)
The work Environment may include a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to chemicals, ultraviolet light and lasers, working in enclosed spaces, close quarters, narrow aisles or passageways.
The work environment may include working in highly time sensitive situations requiring quick resolution including equipment problems.
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com .
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers , we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers .
#LI-NF1 #CUSA #DICE #CBNR