Kapsch TrafficCom is a global leader in the ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) industry, focused on connected vehicles, highway traffic management, electronic tolling, and smart city solutions.
Learn what keeps Kapsch "always one step ahead" in people and technology by visiting our website https://www.kapsch.net/us/ktcThe Role:
As part of the lane side Software Operations and Maintenance group, you will have a unique opportunity of providing technical expertise on process automation, business application maintenance and product enhancement to support tolling transaction processing. You will work on multi-threaded real-time C++ solutions used to process transaction framing for toll systems that run on Linux platform.
As a Technical support software engineer you will have the opportunity to be part of an agile support team spending 50% of your time debugging to diagnose and resolve production software issues, 20% developing/scripting to improve, automate and streamline our software operations and software release processes, 15% testing and validation and 15% documentation and release to production. Responsibilities:
What's in it for you?
- Perform planned and unplanned maintenance procedures, including software upgrades and patches.
- Debugging custom code (C/C++, Java, Python, HTML5, BASH).
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in dev, preprod and production environments
- Serve as escalation resource between Technical Operations and Systems Engineering, handling technical issues which may require further investigation and consultation with other teams within the company
- Proactively identify incidents and implement solutions to detect and prevent outages
- Establish and coordinate software maintenance activities across different regions
- Identify conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to support teams in the analysis, design, test and support of tolling business applications
- Structure and maintain the software configuration management system
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Lead technical consulting support on projects and existing system support issues
- Evaluate software packages and make recommendations to management
- Build and maintain tools for deployment and monitoring operations
- On-call rotation every 4-6 weeks
- Regional travel up to 25%
What we are looking for:
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
Our top Candidates will have:
- Undergraduate degree in computer science/engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience providing development/technical engineering and operations support in a mission critical transaction processing environment. Solid Linux background strongly preferred
- Experience in C++ and Object Oriented programming concepts is critical
- 2+ years of Linux usage in server/application management and deployment experience
- 2+ years' experience with scripting, including bash or python
- Knowledge of relational databases Oracle/PL SQL
- Experience with system monitoring tools and configuration management tools such as Nagios, Cherwell or Jenkins
- Intermediate to advanced level understanding on networking basics, OSI model and networking protocols.
- Intermediate to advanced level understanding of middle ware(Java) and data representation technologies(XML).
- Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment
- Debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems.
- Proven ability to research, evaluate, and select products/tools needed to meet business requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to work well on cross-functional project teams and foster team commitment to tasks
- Ability to multi task and prioritize activities so as to complete tasks and objectives independently and fully
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT) Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates: Please note that Kapsch TrafficCom does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with Kapsch TrafficCom. Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that Kapsch TrafficCom has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion without any fee owed or due to the submitting third-party employment agency, individual or entity. For more information, please contact email@example.com#DICE
- 5+ years of experience providing development/technical engineering and operations support in a mission critical transaction processing environment. Solid Linux background strongly preferred