Summary The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for performing a
wide variety of technical tasks, including but not limited to,
responding to online Help Center requests and phone calls, supporting
software development through testing and feedback to the Engineering
Group, supporting sales activities, working closely with customers to
provide training and onsite product demonstrations, and attending trade
shows and seminars. This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and or requirements may be added or changed
at any time with or without notice. Responsibilities and Duties
include but are not limited to: Customer Advocacy
- Define and review product and system requirements for hardware
- Test software and system performance as necessary to ensure
customer needs are addressed. Work closely with Engineering as necessary.
- Function as a front-line agent on the Help Center.
- Update and manage content on the Help Center.
- Provide web-based or on-site technical support and product training.
- Troubleshoot problems as necessary.
- Help design custom support items, such as interface circuits
- Contribute to documentation efforts and training materials as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications and Skills: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Responsibilities
and Duties satisfactorily. The qualifications and skills listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities for the
job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of
- Technical degree in electronics/engineering (or equivalent
training) with significant (approximately 5 years) laboratory or
field-testing experience supporting sensing and data acquisition
systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Working knowledge of flight-testing methods and data transmission
protocols is necessary.
- Experience working in aerospace and/or automotive testing
applications using DTS products and software is a plus.
- Must be highly proficient with MS Windows PCs and Microsoft
Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Must also
master several DTS software products essential to doing the job.
Basic coding experience is a plus.
- This position requires a self-motivated, resourceful individual
with excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of
audiences (such as customers, suppliers, vendors, executives,
employees), verbally and in writing, is necessary.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Equipment Use This position
works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health
concerns may demand constant attention. The work environment is a
production and engineering area and typical business office. The
employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and have the ability
to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. Occasional US and/or international
travel to customer, vendor, corporate, and/or other sites may be
necessary based on business or customer needs. Work Schedule Work
hours will be determined based on business and customer needs but are
predominantly scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. ITAR
Statement This position must meet Export Control compliance
requirements, therefore a ?US Person? as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15
is required. Equal Opportunity Statement DTS provides equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, age, ancestry, color, creed, disability status (physical or
mental), gender, marital status, legally-protected medical condition
(including pregnancy), national origin, religion, gender identity or
expression, genetic information, sexual orientation, military, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
federal, state, or local laws. Travel: 0%