The Customer Care / Technical Support organization seeks an ambitious technical support engineer to provide technical support and problem resolution for customers Micro Focus products and offerings - primarily Security and Monitoring products. The key skill-set is Windows focused, but familiarity with Linux is helpful.
The Technical Support Engineer will
Education and Experience
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex, critical and sensitive support issues over the phone, electronically and occasionally on-site.
- Engage with next level support, development or product management.
- Recreate customer issues and if needed document solutions to known issues.
- Manage status and activity reporting to customer and other departments within the company.
- Be available for occasional weekend and after hours work.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related degree (or equivalent experience).
- Ability to utilize a computer and software programs to understand and resolve technical product issues, locate potential software bugs, etc.
- Position requires a strong technical aptitude. Able to quickly learn and understand new technologies.
- Outstanding customer service skills (via phone, e-mail, chat, and in person). Ability to provide accurate and timely response and resolution to customer issues over the phone or electronically.
- Ability to appropriately handle tense/stressful customer situations regarding service outages and issue resolution - a core ethos of doing whatever is necessary to keep the customer happy
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex issues and offer alternative solutions, making timely logical decisions based on overall customer needs.
- Position requires a strong sense of responsibility, self-motivation and the ability to prioritize and organize workload to complete multiple, simultaneous workloads.
- Highly developed interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English. (Second language skills are a plus.)
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment with other highly skilled, motivated team members
- Experience with heterogeneous networks and network operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
Skills and Knowledge
- Prior experience in front line technical support position highly desired or solid in shell usage and basic system commands.
- Windows expertise and familiarity with rpm based Linux systems
- Understanding of LPI1, CLP, RHCA, CompTIA Linux+ or equivalent (certification helpful)
- Solid understanding hardware architectures, predominantly x86 and x86_64.
- Good understanding of virtualization technologies (XEN, KVM, VMware, Hyper-V).
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.