Technical Support Engineer at Vertica (U.S.-REMOTE)Job Description:Job Title: Technical Support Engineer at Vertica (U.S.- REMOTE)Location: Remote Eligible
Vertica believes that each of us knows the work environment that makes us the most productive. That's why we provide our employees with the ability to work how and where they will be the most successful. We enable a flexible approach to work location, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office or from home, or a combination of both, but you make that choice including where you choose to live. Vertica invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments to empower employees to work productively in the setting that meets their personal needs. That's why we're so proud to have a highly productive and engaged team in every function of the company.Summary:
The Vertica Technical Support Engineer will work directly with the Vertica Customers to provide a high level of support for the Vertica product. They will need to be a quick study, pay close attention to detail and passionate about helping others.
This person will interact directly with Customers as well as ; Escalation Managers, Professional Services, Engineering, Sales Engineers, and other groups within the organization.
They will interface directly with customers in the field, on the phone, via e-mail and chat.Qualified candidates must have:
Qualified candidates nice to have:
- Linux skills, scripting experience, and extensive knowledge of SQL.
- The ability to resolve and communicate complex issues in a straightforward manner.
- A good understanding of relational database systems including theory, design, and structure.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Operating systems: Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Windows skills, ODBC/JDBC client drivers, Java Client and Server applications various web browsers.
- At least 3-4 years of professional experience working with a relational database.
- Virtualization, Cloud technology, Storage and Network trouble-shooting a plus.
About our team
- Work directly with the customer to respond to all types of technical questions relating to the Vertica product and it's environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to increase product and procedural knowledge through self-training, work with peers, and experience with customer issues.
- Create reproducible test cases for Engineering by building test programs and scripts to assist in rapid resolution of issues.
- Creatively research using a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base (solutions), bug database, email groups and the web.
- Document and understand customers' needs and capture information to provide improved customer experience.
- Act as a general knowledge resource and provide assistance to peers.
- Communicating product feature requests from customers to Product Management.
- Contributing to product design reviews based on a customer perspective.
- Prepare in the support of new products without extensive formal training.
- Contribute to an internal wiki page for internal transfer or knowledge.
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world's most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
ServicesMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status